Tag | 42

There was a defeaning silence in the hallway as Jake and Jungwon walked through the hallway. Jungwon still carried Jiyeon on his back, her eyes closed as if she was sleeping. There was still something uncomfortably off about her everytime Jake glanced in her direction.

It made it even worse whenever he looked over at Jungwon. He looked cold and closed off in his face, but it mostly deemed that he had gone numb. Jake even doubted if Jungwon was aware that Jiyeon most likely was dead.

"What do we do when we get out?" Jungwon questioned when he noticed Jake glancing at him for the umpteenth time.

"We go to get help," Jake shortly replied.

"Medical help for Ji first," Jungwon shook his head, "I want her to get medical help."

"She's gone Jungwon," Jake insisted and Jungwon immediately shook his head, "she is... Jungwon her skin is white as snow and she's slowly getting colder..." Jake sighed, "we have to put her down if she starts on rigor mortis before we're out."

"No," Jungwon shook his head.

"The moment she enters rigor mortis her musckles will stiffen up and will be difficult to move around. She will end up frozen in the position you have her in right now. We need to lay her down by then," Jake insisted making Jungwon just purse her lips and stay quiet. He didn't want to reply, "but her legs are still dangling back and forth and her head is bouncing up and down... you can still carry her."

"We turn here," Jungwon decided as he took an abrupt right turn, immediately freezing in his steps, much to Jake's confusion.

"Holy shit..." Jake murmured as he stared at the bright green lightful sign hanging above a double door.

"I think we might've found the exit..." Jungwon muttered as he red the big red letters on the doors saying 'fire exit'.

"Well... looks like we don't have to leave her then," Jake stated and patted Jungwon's shoulder softly, as Jungwon sucked in a deep breath and a small smile spread on his face, "Jungwon you need to understand you can't do anything for her."

"It's not over yet," Jungwon insisted and shook his head as he hurriedly began walking towards the exit.

Jake was quick to follow, quickly touching Jiyeon's calf to check the temperature. She was still a bit warm, but nowhere near normal human temperature. Smiles grew on both boys as they set into a run towards the exit.

"Tag."

All at once their running stopped and Jungwon stopped dead in his tracks as he felt a hand on his shoulder. Catching up to Jungwon, Jake quickly pushed Jungwon a bit ahead so that Jake faced the tagger.

"Oi man, don't hold us from our freedom," Jake scolded calmly before looking to Jungwon and calculating the distance to the door, "I'm right behind you."

"Running from a game results in death," the tagger replied.

"Yeah well... we already have enough of those, don't you think?" Jake questioned with a snarky tone, "run Jungwon. I'll be behind you."

Jungwon slowly nodded and began moving down towards the exit, keeping an eye on Jake, who quickly kicked the tagger in the chest - standing still for a second, in shock of his own strength. 

Once reality gripped him Jake set into a run down after Jungwon, who glanced back at Jake before he ran through the door. 

So many things happened at once. Jungwon swung open the door and rushed out to look the sundown right in the face. Jake ran for his life. A bang went off with an echo.

"Hyung... we did it," Jungwon breathed out a small breath of relief, a chuckle escaping with it.

As Jungwon turned around to look at Jake there was nothing but the door he had run out through... With slight confusion Jungwon turned to the door, slowly pushing it open to look in after Jake.

It was unnervingly quiet in the hallway as he creaked it open by just a bit. Right by the door was a small red splatter, which turned into a long trail of blood, which appeared at the top of Jake's head - while the tagger dragged him back through the hallways.

Quickly Jungwon let the door close once again and ran off with Jiyeon on his back. He didn't really know what direction he had to run in. He just had to get away. Eventually he did feel his legs give under from his exhaustion now that he didn't have the same adrenaline levels pumping through his veins.

He fell forward, letting Jiyeon's limp body fall down beside him. Had it not been for someone in the road in the distance noticing his form he might've been left there to die. But before he could even close his eyes a figure stood above him questioning him of whether or not he was alright.

"He's still consious."

"The girl has no pulse."

"She's cold."

"Did he kill her?"

"He carried her on his back. I don't think so."

"Get ahold of an ambulance and the police."

Jungwon skimmed his eyes towards the sky behind the figures crowding around Jiyeon and him. His eyes fluttering to stay open before eventualy letting his head fall to the side, coming face to face with the back of Jiyeon's head.

"We need to move the girl. Rigor mortis might kick in soon."

Somebody came in between Jungwon and Jiyeon to move her away. Making Jungwon quickly grab out for Jiyeon, catching her arm and crawling towards her despite the people yelling for him to stop and lay still.

"Let him. Let him."

The person between him and Jiyeon quickly moved away. He managed to roll her over on her back before climbing partially on top of her and engulfing her tightly. He wasn't gonna let her go, they would have to pry him off of her.

"He didn't hurt her."

"Who killed her then?"

"It could've been an accident."

Jungwon simply closed his eyes tightly letting himself pass out from the exhaustion. He didn't mind though, he didn't want to hear people's assumptions of what happened. He just wanted to hold onto Jiyeon and stay with her for as long as possible, with his hand burried in her soft hair, hugging her close to him and his face pressing into the crook of her neck, as it used to do whenever he felt a bit down and she comforted him.