Tag | 37

The second Millie had lifted her head from looking at the map, once she and Sunghoon finally had agreed on a route for them to take, she had started talking to Jake. A small smile adorning her face as she happily explained that they would be out of there soon.

It was first when Sunghoon had mumbled of how Soomin and Jake was gone that she had realized neither of the two was there. Meaning, she had spoken to no one, and Sunghoon had simply been a witness to her plan.

"Let's just keep calm, alright?" Millie slowly spoke as she paced back and forth across the hallway, while Sunghoon sat a few meters from her, watching her with his eyes.

"I am completely calm... unlike you," Sunghoon reminded before running a hand over his face and sighing, "will you just sit down at least... please?"

"They can't just disappear Hoon. What is it that you don't get?" Millie exclaimed as she stopped up and lookwed at Sunghoon with a look that screamed she would not hesitate to murder him if he said another word - and yet he still found it fitting to say more.

"Jake said... I think Soomin was feeling a bit sick and he went with her around the corner to get some distance from us, because we were arguing," Sunghoon frowned, picking at his lips before glancing over at Millie.

"Well, we've already looked around the corners. What do you suppose we do then? Scream for them until they magically appear? No, that's not how it works!" Millie exclaimed.

Quickly, Sunghoon was up on his feet, marching over to grab Millie's shoulders and stop her from pacing back and forth. Tapping her cheek a bit harsher than intended, to make her look at him.

"I get that you're freaked out right now, but you panicking like this isn't gonna improve the situation. Alright?" Sunghoon sternly reminded, "they're most likely with one another right now, making them a lot more safe than if they weren't. We'll find them, and if we don't find them in here we'll find them once we get out. They will be fine."

"What am I gonna do without Jake?" Millie whispered as she just stared at Sunghoon, "I need him."

"You'll be fi-" Sunghoon started getting cut off by Millie immediately.

"I need him, Sunghoon. You don't get it," Millie shook her head, "he's the only one that makes me feel validated, and by now you should know very well that I need that on a regular basis," Millie snapped as a warning, "I need him to keep me sane."

"Well... then I'll play Jake for a while now," Sunghoon hummed as he pursed his lips quietly, "I'll make sure you feel validated... and won't go insane."

"You don't get i-" Millie sighed before Sunghoon immediately interrupted her.

"Oh I do," Sunghoon assured, "Heeseung hyung likes to be harsh on you, so you never really feel like you're good enough. He makes sure you feel perfect. Right?" Sunghoon chuckled dryly making Millie frown at him, "oh come on, you didn't actually expect that ice skating is a sport that's good for your mental health. Soomin is the exact same to me as Jake is to you. They keep us sane and for a moment they make us happier. They're like a drug we get addicted to."

"Their energy and happiness," Millie murmured with a small nod, noticing the similarities between Soomin and Jake's personalities, "we fell in love with our bestfriends."

"In a way we did," Sunghoon nodded with a small smile before letting go of Millie's shoulders and adjusting his hair, "and if I know my bestfriend just as well you know yours... I think it's safe to say they'll be just fine and we have nothing to worry about."

"Okay... okay..." Millie nodded quietly as she glanced around the floor as if she was trying to bring herself back to earth.

"So let's just start walking and maybe we'll come across them," Sunghoon offered and Millie quietly nodded in return.

Sunghoon intently watched as Millie took a few deep breaths in order to calm herself down properly. Eventually she just gave a small nod to signal she was feeling alright once again, and a bit more calm.

"Good to go?" Sunghoon questioned with a small smile on his face.

"Now or never Park," Millie hummed with a small nod.

"I knew the sibling instincts would come into handy one day," a joyful voice chimed in making both Sunghoon and Millie turn around in confusion of the familiar voice.

Slaundering down towards them from the end of the hallway, Heeseung marched with a smug smile on his face. Which was oddly misplaced considering the cicumstances.

"He's gone insane. I knew it," Sunghoon murmured in shock as he looked over at Millie once again, "is he normally this joyful in these situations?"

"I've never seen him happier," Millie commented in disbelief, "we lose two and get one... just our luck isn't it?"

"Are you still mad?" Sunghoon questioned in disbelief and Millie simply glanced at him before shrugging and crossing her arms over her chest. 

Turning on her heel she began walking in the opposite direction, but not too fast for Sunghoon and Heeseung to not catch up with her. It was just enough to clearly demonstrate her dismay with her older brother.

They might be in a life and death situation but there was no way she was gonna forgive him any time soon, she had made that perfectly clear with herself, that was for sure. It was also made painfully clear to both Sunghoon and Heeseung - both watching her in confusion at her behavior.