| 24 |

Jiyeon carefully moved further and further behind Jungwon, slowly pulling his arm with her as she had grabbed it with both her hands. Eventually, when she had stepped completely over behind him, she could feel his other hand tap on top of her, and she quickly grabbed onto both of them as he gave them a small squeeze, straightening up his own back as well.

Soomin looked down the line from where she stood, some were trying to hide behind each other like Jiyeon hid behind Jungwon, but most either stood with straight backs or looking down at the ground. Soomin carefully peeked over Sunghoon's shoulder, which she had moved over behind as well. The man was slowly looking down over the line.

"Girls step forward," he called out and looked at each of the girls, who hesitantly stepped forward. Jiyeon leaned her forehead between Jungwon's shoulderblades, hoping he wouldn't remember she was there, or see her legs behind Jungwon, "all of you," he called out and she took in a deep breath as Jungwon tightened his grip on her hands, "I know she's standing behind you," the man called out, making Jungwon let out a shaky breath.

"It's fine," Jiyeon muttered and slowly let go of his hands, before stepping out to stand beside him, and just lift her chin to look at the man who waved her forward, "why?"

"Because I said so, now step forward," the man demanded and reached over to grab her arm, before pulling me forward to line up with the others girls, standing her right beside Lin, who was quick to grab onto Jiyeon's hand. Lin's hand was clearly trembling as she held tightly onto Jiyeon's.

The man slowly stepped back and looked at each of the girls in turns. As he turned his head to look over to the other end, where Soomin stood, Lin immediately saw it and she abruptly turned her head to look back at Sunoo.

"His ear," Lin turned around to Sunoo and motioned up to her ear, making him raise his eyebrows at her, "he has an earpiece. He probably gets commands."

"Oh," he muttered before looking over towards the man as Lin turned back around acting as if nothing happened.

"An utmost great selection I have here today," the man pointed out as he walked over in front of Soomin, eyeing her up and down, before moving to Millie, eyeing her up and down as well, then Lin, eyeing her as well. At last he moved over in front of Jiyeon and looked her up and down, "how old are you?"

"Why would you ask?" Jiyeon quirked a brow at him.

"You think it's a good time to be cheeky?" he arched a brow at Jiyeon.

"If not now, then when?" Jiyeon questioned him, and she could literally hear everyone else stop breathing. She felt like doing the same, but something about the situation made her want to be snarky.

"Oh my god, she's gone crazy," Heeseung hissed to Jay, who stood closest to him.

Even though Jiyeon kept coming with retorts to the man, she could feel her heart beating wildly in her chest. She knew very well that she could piss him off enough to shoot her, if that handgun actually was real.

"Shirt off," the man demanded as he took a step back from Jiyeon and turned to Millie.

"Pardon?" Millie questioned him in confusion.

"The sweatshirt you're wearing, take it off," he repeated to her as Millie glanced down at Jake's sweatshirt, she had borrowed in the morning.

"Don't do it," Heeseung piped up, making the man immediately look to her.

"Be mad at the little lady over there, for what is gonna happen to her now," the man warned and nodded his head down to Jiyeon, who immediately took a step back realizing she had provoked the man enough to possibly hurt Millie.