Tag | 17

It had been a while since Sunghoon had let Lin down on the floor to walk on her own. She had insisted that it would end up hurting his back too much if he didn't end up letting her walk sooner than later.

Now that Lin was walking beside him, Sunghoon would have to agree with her. His back did feel sore, but he kept being attentive to how Lin was walking. Any small wobbling in her steps would make him persist that he could carry her - Lin obviously disagreeing.

"Do you know what the order was after you went out?" Lin eventually questioned as she folded her hands in front of her - hands bumping around as she took her steps.

"No," Sunghoon shook his head, glancing down at her as Lin quietly nodded, "you're worried about Sunoo, aren't you?"

"He... I am a bit worried about how he will handle this, yeah," Lin eventually admitted with a small nod as her hands detangled from one another.

"You know he isn't all sunshine and cupcakes, right?" Sunghoon questioned and Lin quietly nodded, "he can be pretty cold."

"I saw," Lin nodded in assurance, "I saw how he handled Min Yuri when she wouldn't leave him be, despite him asking kindly multiple times."

"I think he'll do fine," Sunghoon assured quietly as a small smile tugged at the corners of Lin's lips, "matter of fact, I know he will."

"Yeah... he probably will," Lin sighed as she grabbed onto her elbows, pouting out her lips as she glanced around. One habit of hers that Sunoo had gushed about enough for the other boys, including Sunghoon, to be aware of. She was bored.

"Let's go down here," Sunghoon offered and pointed to a hallway.

Without a word Lin nodded and turned down the hallway along with him. A small frown immediately growing on Lin's face, it was times like these Sunoo would remind her to wear her glasses.

"What's that?" Lin questioned slowly, looking at the weird formation further down the hallway from where she and Sunghoon was.

"It's definitely Millie and a tagger," Sunghoon remarked, "but I can't see the other person properly..."

"What if it's Jiyeon, and we let Jungwon run off to find her?" Lin immediately panicked as she halted her steps, "if Jungwon isn't with her he might be alone and if he's alone he might be hurt and if he's hurt me mi-"

"Lin, that isn't Jiyeon," Sunghoon slowly spoke as he interrupted her. 

His eyes stayed glued to the curled up figure sitting across from Millie. He knew that way of layering. Only Soomin would dare layer a tightfitting turtleneck with a t-shirt during the summer.

"It isn't? Oh thank god!" Lin exclaimed as she grabbed onto Sunghoon's arm and pressed her face into his shoulder.

"That's Soomin..." Sunghoon slowly realized, even recognizing a bruise on the side of her knee from that distance.

Soomin had gotten that bruise when he had taken her out ice skating. He had let go of her hand for a second and she had immediately fallen - refusing to get out on the ice after that.

"Unnie?" Lin questioned as she lifted her head and immediately began nearing the two girls.

"No, no, no. Lin, they're in the middle of a game," Sunghoon rushed to grab onto Lin's shoulder, keeping her back.

By now it was clear to both Lin and Sunghoon that Millie was desperately trying to get something across to Soomin, who sat curlsed up, her arms covering her face.

"Soo will you just listen to me!" Millie exclaimed before letting out a deep sigh and sitting back on her knees turning her head just a milimeter, "Sunghoon!" Millie exclaimed with joy as she locked eyes with the older boy, "please knock some sense into her! I'm begging you!" seeing the hesitation on Sunghoon's face Millie immediately looked to her tagger, "you can't play a game with them while we're still going, can you?"

"No."

"See? Come on Sunghoon! Please!" Millie begged.

Slowly Sunghoon stepped up beside Lin, pulling her along with him. He made sure to pass the tagger between Lin and the tagger, keeping Lin as safe as he possibly could.

"What are you playing?" Lin murmured as she stepped across the rope with a puzzled look on her face, immediately catching on to how it was tied to each of the girls' wrists.

"Tug-of-war," Millie quickly excused as she turned to Sunghoon, "you have to talk with her, please! Whoever loses the game will die, and she's seriously thinking of just giving up!"

Sunghoon let his eyes travel over to the fragile form on the floor. He was at a loss. He knew that Soomin surely had a fragile side to her, but he had never once seen it. Seeing her curled up in the way she was left Sunghoon puzzled, he didn't know how to handle the situation.

As Sunghoon quietly sat down beside Soomin, wrapping an arm around her, Millie looked up towards Lin.

"He went that way," Millie confirmed the direction Lin was looking down the hallway, "Sunoo. He ran by us, being chased by our tagger. He can't have gotten far."

"Sunoo..." Lin murmured and rushed down towards the nearest hallway Sunoo could've turned down, only looking back and forth, not moving too far away.

"Soomin..." Sunghoon quietly trailed off as he rubbed his girlfriend up and down her back, "why would you be willing to give up your life so quickly?"

"Go," Soomin murmured, making Sunghoon go silent with confusion, "I said go, Sunghoon. Can't you just leave?"

"Not before you tell me what's happening with you right now. The Soomin I've known ever since we started dating would never be willing to give up so quickly," Sunghoon murmured as he tried to lift her head, only getting a swat of the hand for him to move away, "Soomin-"

"Let me be Sunghoon!" she exclaimed and lifted her head to look at him.

Her bangs were disheveled and her eyes were glazed over - she was yet to cry, but she was clearly quite close. Sunghoon had expected the look in her eyes to be sad or agitated, but they were more wild and frustrated.

"I am not hearing anything, I'm watching Lin," Millie quickly assured as Sunghoon had glanced over towards her.

However, once Millie looked up once more, she turned horrified. Where Lin had stood moments before, there was now no one. No Lin in sight.