Tag | 25

The silence in the hallways had been too much for Heeseung. He had found himself getting nervous with too much silence when he was quite young. It initially started when he had to start sleeping in his own room.

At the time he would express his nervousity by crying until his mom would come and sing him to sleep, often with his younger sister sitting on her arm. Tradition had turned into habits as he got older and now he always had a pair of earphones or earbuds in whenever he had to fall asleep, listening to music until the wee hours of the morning.

These hallways was no different, they made him more nervous than he needed. In a way he feared that if he let his heartrate pick up more than it already had done by the situation he might just overwork his heart until he drops dead.

That had left him to his last resort, as stupid as it may sound - he was walking through the hallway humming the lullaby he recalled his mom singing to him when he was still a young child. He must've been no older than seven once she stopped singing it for him.

However, his humming was just what led him straight into the hands of the next tagger, who had heard his humming from a few hallways away. They were able to track his humming and tag him the moment he turned the next corner.

"Oh my- dear mother of lambs," Heeseung breathed out as he jolted by the touch on his shoulder and closed his eyes to calm himself down. He was not gonna die out of shock, that was for sure.

Once he opened his eyes again he was face to face with a palm holding up a single dice.

"Roll it."

The command was short, yet very specific. Without a single second of hesitation Heeseung grabbed the dice and let it fall from his hand and down onto the floor just by his feet. The dice did a small jump before eventually just rolling along the floor. Three eyes.

"Jump Rope."

Next thing Heeseung knew, two decks of cards was presented to him. Quickly he pulled one from each and held them up to the tagger.

"Ace of Diamonds. Water boarding. Ace of clubs. Showers for all players."

The tagger hurriedly unfixed a rope from their belt and shoved it into Heeseung's hands. Meanwhile Heeseung was still trying to comprehend what he had just been told about the cards.

"Twenty jumps, uninterrupted. If you stop or fall, you will have lost and get your punishment. Start whenever."

Heeseung let out a small chuckle as he stepped backwards. Had it been any other game he was to play, he might've been nervous, but he had jumped rope so frequently when he was younger that he was sure he could at least do fifty before failing.

Heeseung threw the rope over behind him before sucking in a deep breath, still feeling slightly uneasy because what if he wasn't able to do it anymore.

"One."

The tagger counted each of his jumps as Heeseung did his utmost best to leap off the ground. Every once in a while he would realize the air around him getting warmer despite him only having jumped a few times. Maybe he would enjoy that shower if he managed to win.

"Twelve, thirteen, fourteen."

It was about this time that Heeseung had decided he already had one and slowly let his jumps get sloppier and slopper.

"Nineteen, twenty."

Abruptly Heeseung stopped jumping and just let out a sigh before running a hand through his hair and offering the tagger the rope once again. The tagger grabbed it and secured it back on their belt once more before grabbing a welkie from the belt as well.

"Player nine has won showers for all players. Take all players to the showers."

Nonchalantly Heeseung arched a brow at the tagger, awaiting what he was going to say. Instead of saying anythnig the tagger grabbed his arm and dragged him to a nearby closed door he couldn't have noticed unless he had let his hands run along the walls and noticed the small gap between the wall and door.

With a small push the door opened and Heeseung was shoved inside, the tagger walking right behind him and pushing him along down the hallway. Eventually Heeseung arrived at a small room with two doors.

On one door a series of seven numbers were written. 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Meanwhile on the other door four other numbers were written. 1, 2, 3, 6. 

"Player 9, enter the showers."

"Which one?" Heeseung turned around and looked at the tagger in confusion.

"You are player 9."

Heeseung frowned as he looked back towards the two doors, realization slowly falling down onto him. The numbers on the doors were assigned to who they were as players. That meant the other boys were 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11, and the other four must be the girls.

"I told you not to touch her," a voice snapped from the hallway behind Heeseung. Surely it was Sunghoon, it sounded too much like the one time a boy had gotten a bit too close to Soomin during a lunch break and Sunghoon had snapped at him.

Instead of getting a chance to turn around Heeseung was harshly shoved into the door he was to enter. Without a second thought he quickly opened the door and rushed inside, fearing he might get hit or beat more times than needed.