Tag | 29

After having returned to one another after getting the showers, Sunghoon had arrived later than Millie and Soomin and had almost witnessed them walking off on their own. Instead he was now walking hand in hand with Soomin, assuring to hold onto her tightly.

Meanwhile Millie walked on the other side of Soomin, trying to stay calm and remind herself that she would find Jake before she knew it. At least hoping she did. Around Millie's wrist Soomin had a tight grip to assure she didn't wander off at any point.

Once they were about to turn a corner Sunghoon was quick to reach out and stop both of the girls in the steps, pushing them up against a nearby wall as he let his hand slide out of Soomin's. 

Carefully Sunghoon moved to the end of the hallway and peeked around the corner, from where he had heard sounds come from. It was these soft thuds he had noticed getting broken off irregularly by something that sounded like metal banging against concrete.

Somehow, almost miracolously, around the corner Sunghoon was witness to Jake winning a game of hopscotch, the exact moment he finished the game with a wide grin.

"Quick," Sunghoon murmured and waved the girls along with him.

To him it made perfect sense that if they caught up to Jake before the tagger was done with the game, then the tagger wouldn't tag them. It had almost been the same case with the tug-of-war - they somehow had avoided.

As they turned the corner Millie's breath hitched in her throat and she ripped herself out of Soomin's grip to rush up and grab onto Jake's hand. This only lead to the poor boy jumping slightly before he glanced down to see Millie pressing herself into his shoulder.

"Holy shit," Jake quietly murmured and pulled his hand from Millie's grip, to place it on the back of her head - softly.

Jake stood almost paralyzed as he was handed a map by the tagger, who quickly turned around and wandered away from the reuinted group of four. Proving Sunghoon's theory to be right.

Quietly the map fell to the floor from Jake's hands before he wrapped both his arms tightly around Millie. He let his face bury in his hair to try and find the comforting and familiar scent of her shampoo, but it was all gone. She hadn't been using her own soaps when they had gone for the showers, and Jake could immediately note that.

"Are you hurt?" Jake murmured as millie reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Mils... are you hurt?"

She immediately shook her head before almost clawing onto his shirt as if she was trying to attach herself somehow. Slowly Millie's knees buckled under her and Jake was forced to sink down onto the floor with her in his arms.

"Do you know how it went any of the others?" Jake questioned as he let his eyes trail over to Soomin and Sunghoon, both standing in complete silence.

"Yeon has some bad bruises, but Lin was unharmed besides the injury in her hip," Soomin quietly informed.

"Sunoo was stabbed in his thigh and Jungwon had some pretty bad cuts on his arm," Sunghoon returned the information he and Jake had of the other boys.

"But..." Jake trailed off as he hesitated to word his thoughts, "wouldn't... the ones with most injuries, don't they have the highest chance of dying in here?"

"Yah, don't say that," Soomin scolded with a small frown, "Yeon dies and I will personally strangle Jungwon."

"Well, if he already is injured," Jake remarked quietly, "besides, the game had him reveal some things about Jiyeon she wasn't too happy about. She could just leave him behind."

"Are you out of your mind?" Millie exclaimed and abruptly pulled away from Jake, hitting his shoulder, "how low do you think of her?"

"I said she could, not that she would," Jake reminded quietly as Millie quickly shook her head.

"After everything that happened during last semester I highly doubt that she will trust her life more with anyone else," Millie immediately shook her head in denial, "she can get as mad at him as she wants in here, but there's no way in hell she'll just walk away from him."

"Okay... okay... I get it now," Jake murmured quietly before pulling her back into his embrace, "she'll stay with him."

It was quiet for a few seconds as Sunghoon bit down on his tongue trying not to say what he wanted to say.

"I think Jake's right," Sunghoon admitted, "the longer we go without any injuries the bigger the chance of staying alive. Now Jake has that map," Sunghoon remarked and pointed to the discarded map on the floor beside Jake and Millie, "we might be able to find the exit and get out safely. I suggest we just try and avoid any tagger possible and stick together until we are out. If we can get back to the depot room we will be able to use the map to find the way out properly."

"Like... I get it if you girls really want to assure Lin and Jiyeon gets out of here too, but we need to be selfish in this case," Jake nodded with a pleading voice, "we have to get out in safety first before we even as much as think of having to save the others. This is not some game in school, this is each to their own."

Soomin looked over at Jake before glancing up at Sunghoon. She knew both boys had a valid point, she just hated to think of it that way. The way Millie had tensed up was a straight giveaway to Soomin that she thought the exact same way as herself and felt slightly sick at the thought of having to leave the two other girls to fend for themselves along with Jungwon and Sunoo.