Tag | 11

After Millie had left to enter the game Jake had sat still in his spot for quite a while, letting everything sink in. It seemed he had an internal battle to fight with himself before he would enter the game.

As he returned to the other boys still remaining in the room he glance at them individually before sitting down. Riki sat leaned up against Jay, while Jay softly rubbed the youngsters arm in a soothing manner. Sunoo sat quietly staring out into the air, muttering something no one could hear - his lips simply moved in small patterns that was barely recognizeable. Lastly Heeseung sat still, his knees pulled up his chest with red bloodshot eyes.

"You alright man?" Jay questioned as Jake nodded and slowly sat down between Sunoo and Heeseung, "what'd she say?"

"I didn't know she only was your half sister," Jake slowly spoke to Heeseung, who stirred slightly before eventually nodding, "she is?"

"Yeah..." Heeseung admitted as his voice cracked and his hands quickly went up to cover his mouth - his eyes welling up once again.

"She is?" Jay questioned in shock as Sunoo stopped his muttering and looked towards Jake and Heeseung as well.

"I don't like telling people," Heeseung shook his head before dropping it down, looking down and letting his bangs cover his eyes, as if he was shameful, "I'm scared if I told people that we don't have the same mom, she would think I'm telling them because I don't want to recognize her completely as my sister."

"But you do... right?" Jay slowly questioned and the top of Heeseung's head nodded up and down for the other boys to see.

"But I'm so unfair to her," Heeseung admitted and dug his face into his palms, "when no one is around. I'm too strict and demanding. I know I am."

"She didn't... she didn't feel like you loved her as your sister," Jake slowly spoke, earning a sob from Heeseung. Feeling bad for his friend's state Jake carefully patted Heeseung's back, knowing well that what Jake just had revealed might've been the breaking point for Heesenug.

"I do," Heeseung whimpered quietly, "look at me. I'm in shambles because I'm worried for her and I know she might die out there thinking that I don't love her."

"I've never seen Heeseung hyung cry," Riki quietly remarked, making Sunoo shake his head in agreement.

"I've always..." Heeseung trailed off sucking in a deep breath, "I've always been the first to critisize her... I told her her skin was too dark, I told her she might've do good in losing some weight every once in a while. I've told her so many things that I don't mean."

"Why would you then say it?" Sunoo slowly questioned in confusion, trying to imagine what could make him tell his own sister the same things.

"I was scared people would bully her because she might look different from the others. But all I ever do is hurt her again and again, and I know she cries because of how mean I am to her," Heeseung admitted as he sucked in a deep breath to calm himself down, "I think my sister is the prettiest and most stunning girl there is. But I'm so mean."

"If I find her when I go out there, I'll tell her," Sunoo spoke up as an assurance, the other boys quickly all nodding to agree with Sunoo, "but... I don't think..." Sunoo paused as his eyes fell to the floor, trying to find the words he was trying to say, "if you... if you feel the need to be rude to your sister to keep her safe, I think you might be too protective of her."

"It's like an abusive relationship, the only difference is that she can't break up with you because you're her brother," Jay hummed in agreement as Riki simply nodded.

"If Emiko had a brother that treated her like that, I would make minced meat out of him," Riki agreed, earning a small snort from Heeseung, who slowly lifted his head, drying his cheeks as he nodded, "noona doesn't deserve what you're telling her."

"The worst thing is that I've turned her into a perfectionist and she no longer feels like she can do basketball again, because everytime she misses a shot she'll beat herslef up too much for it," Heeseung sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "she loved that sport."

"She still plays," Jake pointed out and Heeseung slowly turned his face to Jake, "sometimes I sneak her out at midnight, we'll go to the basket court in the nearby park and we'll play. She's so good, always beats me no matter how hard I try to win. She even enjoys it, laughs loudly whenever she misses an easy shot."

Heeseung let a small smile tug at the corner of his lips. He knew he was the reason behind his sister's sorrow, but he also had to admit - no matter how much he hated it - Jake was the light that let her live and laugh the way she wanted to.

"Next player please enter."

The boys glanced around one another before Sunoo eventually sighed and got up from the floor. He knew he had to be the one leaving now. Heeseung and Jake still had some things to talk out, the main topic being Millie. Meanwhile he also knew that neither Riki or Jay could leave. Riki needed the comfort of Jay to not think too much about Emiko, who waited for him back home.

"Sunoo-ya!" Jay called out as Sunoo reached the door, extending his palm towards the tagger, "go out and find Lin, yeah? Make sure she's feeling alright!"

"Of cour- ouch," Sunoo winced as the X was cut into his palm, quite quickly, "that hurt," Sunoo complained to the tagger, scrunching up his nose as the door in front of him opened, "rude."

With his last remark Sunoo continued through the door and out into the hallway.

sunoo entering game