| 14 |

For most of May the eleven students had spent all theur weekends at the park whether they were studying or laughing along one another, and today was no other different. They had walked to the park after dinner and had met up with  each other there.

"Where's Jungwon?" Jay frowned at the others as they all looked at him in confusion.

"We thought you would've brought him," Soomin pointed out to Jiyeon and she simply shook her head as she glanced over at Jake who was skating about in the background, finding the others a bit too boring for his energy level.

"Sorry! I'm late, I know! I know!" Jungwon called out as he came running up to them.

"When you speak of the sun," Millie commented, making Sunoo poke his head up from the conversation he was having with Lin, "not you."

"Sorry, I got caught up," Jungwon excused and sat down at the picnic table across from Jay and Heeseung, pushing down between Sunoo and Jiyeon.

"With what? Robbing a convenience store?" Sunghoon frowned at the plastic bag, which were stuffed to the brim, in Jungwon's one hand.

"Just needed to go grab some things. Because if I recall right, the ice cream parlor did not have the flavor Jiyeon liked," Jungwon excused and pulled up a tub of ice cream from the plastic bag.

"You did not," Jiyeon commented in shock and covered her mouth at him, "gosh you're adorable," she cooed as he proudly extended the tub towards her, "I didn't even know they had this here," she frowned as she grabbed the tub and looked at it in awe, "thank you so much."

"Alright, try and tell me he isn't head over heels for her!" Soomin loudly exclaimed and  behind her Jake stumbled off his skateboard, "Sunghoon doesn't even do that for me!"

"You want me to?" Sunghoon questioned in surprise, almost retreating the arm he had loosely hanging around her waist.

"I can buy ice cream for myself, thank you," Soomin immediately rejected.

"It's her strong and independent woman complex, just let it be," Millie waved it off to Sunghoon, who looked most utterly puzzled at his girlfriend.

"What else is there in the bag, loverboy?" Heeseung questioned in curiousity as he leaned closer to Jungwon, from across the table.

"Uh... spoons for the ice cream. Some chocolate and strawberry milk. Fish bread for Riki and... some snacks I promised to get for my sister," Jungwon listed making Heeseung nod in disappointment.

"Fish bread, for me?" Riki's face brightened up within a splitsecond and Jungwon nodded at him.

"There were three for two," Jungwon pointed out to him.

"I think Sunoo is having an effect on you," Jay spoke up, to which Jungwon shook his head in denial.

"Hey... it's just saving money," Sunoo excused with a sulky expression.

"You would save more money if you just stuck to buying one," Jay reminded in disbelief.

"Yeah, but then I'll end up spending more money when I'm gonna buy it again," Sunoo pointed out, "if I buy two for one, I can save the free one for later!"

"If you two are gonna keep discussing like that I'd say we just go and get ice cream in the meantime," Lin offered and got up from the bench, a few others following.

Most of the people around teh table had gotten up from the bench, except Jiyeon - who now happily sat with the whole tub of her favorite ice cream. 

"You coming Jungwon?" Heeseung questioned as the others began walking down towards the ice cream parlor, Jake on his skateboard a few meters in front of them.

"Nah, I have calculated that Jiyeon can't eat all of that," Jungwon stated and pointed to the tub, having the girl immediately shake her head, "so we'll just share."

"Please," Jiyeon nodded and placed the tub on the table between them, and took off the lid. 

"Alright, suit yourselves," Heeseung sighed before patting Jungwon's shoulder and running off towards the others.

As Jungwon handed her the spoon Jiyeon immediately dug in and grabbed a spoonful of the ice cream. She had done it with such a great speed to earn a laugh from Jungwon.

"You really missed that, huh?" he questioned in amusement and she only nodded at him.

"You have to tell me where you found this," she pointed out to him as she took another spoonful.

"I'd rather continue buying it for you," he shook his head and grabbed a spoonful himself.

"Jungwon-ah, can't you just tell me?" she complained to him and nudged his arm with her shoulder. He let out a small laugh before glancing up at her and shaking his head.

"I need to have something that brings a smile onto that face," he commented, pointing to her with his spoon.

"But I'm always smiling around you," she cocked her head to the side and he shook his head as he tried to cool his ears down enough for them to not show the red color they were turning, "this doesn't matter."

"I think I'm just... scared that if I stop doing these things. Then you won't smile at me more," he shrugged at her.

Jiyeon quickly glanced over her shoulder and quickly assured she couldn't see the others anywhere. She then turned back and let out a small sigh.

"Jungwon?" she called out and he looked up at her with raised eyebrows, "can I tell you something?"

"Mhm," he hummed at me and she waved him closer to her.

"Come closer," she told him, as if she was going to whisper it to him.

He hesitantly leaned across the table and turned one side to her, so she could whisper it to him. She grinned in victory before leaning in quickly and placed a kiss on his cheek. He immediately snapped his head to look at her as she turned back to the ice cream.

"I don't think I caught that," he admitted and turned his head once again.

Jiyeon let out a small laugh and rolled her eyes, before leaning in once again and pecked his cheek. He quickly turned his head and cupped her cheek, before her lips landed on his. Her eyes widened for a split second, until she realized he was smiling into the kiss, making her close her eyes as well.

"Our secret, okay?" he grinned as he pulled away and looked down at the ice cream while he tried to surpress his smile.

She blinked a few times before slowly nodding in agreement, holding up a few fingers to her lips as an attempt to hide her smile. He let out a small laugh as she frowned, taking a spoonful of the ice cream.

"Ice cream to process," Jiyeon muttered as an excuse before shoving the spoon into her mouth and just sittnig with it in her mouth as a frown remained on her face.

"So... I'll pick you up tomorrow at 12, for our date," he stated and grabbed a spoonful himself.

"Date?" Jiyeon questioned and raised her eyebrows at him as he just nodded at her.

"Tomorrow at 12."