Tag | 8

Ever since Jake had found Millie's hiding spot in the depot room, he had sat down by her - not saying a single word. It wasn't that he didn't have anything to say, he had a lot actually, he moreso feared that Millie also was mad at him. So they had sat in silence, at least for long enough to hear Sunghoon take his departure from the group.

"I'm not mad at you," Millie spoke up, as if she could read Jake's worries. She quietly picked at the skin around her thumbnail, her hair partially covering her face.

"I didn't think so," Jake assured, lifting a section of her hair and brushing it over on her other shoulder, so he could see her face properly. He always liked how she looked when she pulled all her hair over one shoulder, it made her faint millenium tanned skin stand out a bit more to him.

"I'm not mad at Heeseung either," Millie shook her head as she looked up, a few strands escaping her shoulder and cascading down her back, "it's just... I feel like sometimes he doesn't recognize me as his sister, just because we have different moms."

"You do...?" Jake hesitantly questioned. It had never dawned upon him that there was a possibility that the Lee siblings only were partly related.

"I thought everyone knew," Millie quietly nodded, "isn't it obvious? My mom's from the Phillipines. I'm remarkably more tanned than Heeseung."

"Not remarkably," Jake shook his head, "you only really see the difference when you stand beside one another. You just look like the sibling that is more outside than Heeseung hyung."

"I used to hate it, you know?" Millie hummed as she looked down at her arms, rubbing a hand down over her underarm before a content hum escaped her, "when I moved in with dad I was always met with the expectation to be light skinned, almost a ghost. I hated my skincolor."

"Do you like it now?" Jake slowly questioned, only earning a shrug.

"I like it... I guess... but I sometimes despise how the rest of the country sees it," Millie excused with a shrug, "it's not even that I'm that much more tanned than some of the others. I just feel more critized for it sometimes."

"I think..." Jake paused, making sure to choose his words carefully - terrified that he might accidentally say something that would hurt her even more, "or well... I don't think, actually. I love your skin color," Jake admitted making Millie glance towards him as he carefully let his fingers dance up her arm, and up onto her shoulder where he let his palm flatten out and slide across her back until his arm was properly wrapped around her shoulders, "I like the glow it has, how it gives you so much more energy and life than some of the others, to be fair sometimes Lin does look like a corpse. Plus, to be completely honest, you're possibly the sexiest and most elegant girl at school, exactly because you have that glow to you."

"Stop it," Millie gushed as she slapped his knee softly.

"I'm serious!" Jake insisted as Millie glanced at him with a small smile, "the sexiest and hottest, but still the most elegant and gentle girl to ever walk this planet. Way out of my league, but she still admits that I'm the one make her heart skip a beat."

"I'm not out of your league," Millie shook her head, earning a small gasp from Jake.

"You're kidding me, right?" he questioned as a shocked grin grew on his face, "Millie do you have any idea... oh my god!" he exclaimed and ran a hand over his face, "it's because you don't know, isn't it?"

"Know what?" Millie frowned in amusement as a small smile spread on her face.

"You actually don't know," Jake murmured in disbelief as he looked towards the floor in shock, "Millie, when you walk down the hallways or just walk in general it's like your'e floating. It looks so easy and effortless. When you talk or laugh it's like sitting on a cloud. I really don't think you realize how perfect you are... at least to me."

"You're gonna end up giving me a heart attack Jake Sim," Millie murmured in disbelief as she simply shook her head.

"I'm serious," Jake insisted, "Lee Misun."

"You can just use Millie," Millie shook her head at him.

"It's not like your name is Millie Lee," Jake reminded and Millie simply shook her head, "Lee Misun."

"Millie Pardillo," Millie corrected him, only earning a crooked grin from Jake.

"I don't care what you prefer to be called as long as you're alright with me calling you mine," Jake remarked and wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"Aish, do you ever stop?" Millie complained at him, trying to bite back her laugh.

"No," Jake simply shook his head.

Millie let out a small sigh before leaning into Jake's side, resting her head against his shoulder. Jake didn't say anything in return, he only tightened his grip around her - silently wishing they could go out into the halls with one another.

"Next player, please enter the game."

Jake mentally cursed as Millie straightened up, remembering how she wanted to go out after Sunghoon had gone out.

"Be careful out there," Jake murmured, only earning a hum from Millie, who folded her hands and stretched her arms upwards earning a small crack in her back.

"I will," Millie hummed as she lowered her arms once again.

Jake carefully grabbed onto Millie's chin and turned her face towards his, letting her see his widened and serious eyes.

"I'm serious Mils," Jake whispered, "be careful."

"You'll find me within a flash, I swear," she hummed at him.

Softly Jake placed a kiss on Millie's lips, eventually nodding and let her go. Jake sat still in his spot as he watched Millie return down the aisle of shelves, watching as she disappeared from his sight, leaving him a nervous mess.