Tag | 3

Lin had winced when the X was cut into her hand, in the exact same manner as it had been to Jiyeon. Just like Jiyeon, Lin had started out by walking down the hallways, just like Jiyeon had done. 

Taking her first turn to the left Lin recognized big greek-like statues lining the hallway. She glanced around at each of them, keeping her left hand in a tight fist to not spill her blood everywhere.

"Well... that's just remotely creepy," Lin murmured as she look up at the statues while she walked.

She had been too caught up in the statues, that she hadn't noticed the tagger standing to the left of her, in between two tall statues. The moment the tagger had grabbed Lin's shoulder her heart almost jumped up in her throat as she froze in her spot.

She slowly turned around and was met by the mask of the tagger, his hand was extended towards her with one dice. Remembering the ruleset the speaker had spoken to the girls when they were in the depot room, Lin hesitantly grabbed the dice while glancing up at the masked face.

Gulping down Lin let the dice roll over the floor between her and the tagger, watching with anticipation and praying that she would be getting an easy game.

"Hopscotch," the tagger spoke in a deep voice, that had surprised Lin as the dice showed exactly four eyes.

Quickly the tagger got out one of those big street chalks and drew up a hopscotch game in the shape he desired. Lin quietly watched as he drew it up, before eventually he turned to her with a deck of cards spread out between his hands.

"Punishments."

Lin slowly grabbed a random card, five of diamonds. Slowly she managed to get the courage to turn around her card.

"What is this?" she questioned, trying not to let her voice tremble.

"Non-fatally placed stab. Benefit."

The tagger held out a new deck of cards, four of spades. Quickly Lin turned the card around and the man nodded.

"Fruit."

"Fruit?" Lin repeated in disbelief of it not being anything else, but just fruit.

"You have one chance. Up to eight and down again."

Lin was handed a hopscotch stone instead of her cards as the tagger stepped to the side, watching over the hopscotch game with hawkeyes and shoulder more broadened than before.

Lin somehow managed to calm down her nerves, throwing the hopscotch stone out on number 2, leaping out on one foot, picking the stone up and returning to outside the hopscotch game. She hesitantly glanced to the tagger, who just stood still.

Assuming she had done it right and correctly to the rules, Lin threw the stone out on number three and jumped out on one foot, first on one, then on two, picked up the stone and jumped her way back on one foot.

She continued the same routine up until number eight, then she began going down in numbers. Seven, six, five, four.

When she jumped out on number two from one, she felt the right side of her hip buckle and she momentarily wobbled as she hissed. Her hip was gonna give out soon if she wasn't careful. Plus there was no doubt that she would lose if she didn't get ahold of her hip fast as possible.

A relieved breath escaped Lin as her foot landed the ground outside the hopscotch game and she fell to her knees, holding onto the right side of her hip in pain.

"Give up?"

"No," Lin immediately shook her head and got up from the floor, only a few jumps more, she could do that.

Three. Lin sucked in a deep breath before hoping out on one, then two, bend down, grab the stone. Straightening up a sharp pain shot through her hip once again, and she almost fell forward.

Once again she hopped two times and landed on both feet, only one go more. She threw the stone out once more. Two. Jumped out on one and picked the stone up, straightening up.

Her hip gave out and she fell backwards. Somewhere a small snort came from the tagger. As her weight fell backwards, Lin quickly set off with her foot that still stood on one. She managed to jump backwards, forcing her hip to snap her upper body forward as she did so.

Before she realized it she had somehow managed to jump back on the right foot, almost crouching down as her left leg was stretched out in front of her.

Holding the hopscotch stone tightly in her hand she slowly straightened up and held up the stone to the tagger. He quietly accepted the stone, before detatching a small bag from his belt, extending it to Lin.

Lin quickly grabbed the bag and urgently opened it as the tagger began walking off to either hide another place or chase another girl.

In the bag apples and pears were piled up on each other. Lin quickly zipped up the bag and swung it over her shoulders before walking the opposite direction of the tagger. She quickly glanced back before finding two statues and crouching between them, extending her right leg to relax in her hip, which had shooting pains running from the hip and down through her thight - even all the way into her knee.

A small groan escaped Lin as she held up her hands to her face, clutching a hand tightly over her mouth to stay quiet and make sure not to whimper out of pain - in case it would attract other taggers.

"Is this some stupid Hunger Games shit?" Lin muttered to herself, leaning her head against the wall behind her, trying to calm down her heart and her adrenaline.