Tag | 41

It was quiet as Jungwon had let Jiyeon down to walk on her own legs, using the wall beside her to support herself as she walked along.

"I thought no one else would die," Jungwon murmured quietly making Jake look over at him.

"I can't predict the future Jungwon," Jake sighed, "I tried to assure no one else would die."

"It's no one's fault," Jiyeon quietly reminded, stumbling a bit over her own feet, getting caught and stabilized by Jungwon immediately.

"Be careful," Jungwon quietly reminded and she just nodded with a small nod.

"Are you sure we shouldn't take a break?" Jake questioned, "her balance is getting worse, it might be a concussion. She shouldn't move too much at once if it's severe."

"I can't really feel my hands," Jiyeon shook her head in agreement making Jungwon purse his lips before just nodding and carefully helping Jiyeon to sit down against the wall as Jake decided to stand as a look out.

"We can just wait a bit till you feel better," Jungwon assured Jiyeon softly as she simply nodded, "how are you feeling?"

"My head hurts... real bad..." she murmured and massaged her temples carefully while trying to get back the feeling in her hands.

"Check a pulse on her will you? She looks pale," Jake remarked making Jungwon glance over at him.

"I feel fine," Jiyeon waved it off to Jake with a small shake of her head.

"You've already fainted on us multiple times, and you're beside yourself ever since your last punishment. You're not waving this off to us," Jungwon sternly replied before grabbing one of Jiyeon's hands, and pressing down around her wrist to check her pulse, "not too fast... more slow if you ask me."

"Keep an eye out if her heartbeat picks up," Jake warned earning a frown from Jungwon, "I'm not saying it will happen for sure. But if her heartrate picks up it's a sign of her body shutting down and the heart trying to keep everything working still. Just please do as I ask."

"She's not gonna die," Jungwon shook his head.

"Just do as I say," Jake sighed deeply and glanced back and forth down the hallway.

Glancing back and forth between Jungwon and Jake, Jiyeon tried to focus her eyes properly on both of them each time.

"I can continue," she announced and forced herself up from the floor.

"Are you sure?" Jake questioned with raised eyebrows, only earning a small nod, "I'll walk a bit ahead and keep a watch out, alright?"

Instead of giving an answer, Jungwon was quick to rush over and support Jiyeon further on her quest down the hallway. 

"Tell me if you feel anything off," Jungwon reminded quietly to Jiyeon and she quietly nodded.

For a few more minutes the three continued down the hallway, until Jungwon caught Jiyeon slumping into the wall, struggling to keep herself on her feet.

"Hyung, wait up," Jungwon called out and Jake immediately stopped and turned around to watch.

Jungwon had quickly grabbed onto Jiyeon, who clearly was struggling with keeping her eyes open. He couldn't exactly hear what the two were saying, but he could see Jungwon muttering things to Jiyeon, trying to keep her up straight.

"It's fine Ji, it's alright. We'll be out soon," Jungwon whispered quietly as he used one hand to cup her face, and thereby also holding it up straight.

"I can't," Jiyeon murmured, almost letting it out as a sob, "no see, blur, sailing, air."

"I'll carry you," Jungwon offered, but before he got the chance Jiyeon's knees had buckled under her and she fell down onto the floor.

"I'll carry you Ji, I can do it," Jungwon loudly insisted as he fell down beside her and held her up in front of him, "listen to me."

"Leave," Jiyeon murmured quietly, a few tears rolling from her eyes.

"I can carry you, please. We're out soon," Jungwon whispered quietly as he pressed his forehead against hers, "come on, we can do it."

"Leave, please," Jiyeon whispered, barely audible.

A frown grew on Jungwon's face as he noticed a weird tint to the tears falling from Jiyeon's eyes. There seemed to be a slightly red-ish color to them. As if a thin drop of blood had been dropped into them.

"You're crying blood," Jungwon stated looking to Jake, who slowly widened his eyes, "how are you crying blood?" he questioned and looked back at Jiyeon.

"Did you say she hit her head on anything when she got that punishment?" Jake slowly questioned and Jungwon hesitantly nodded in return, "and that's been quite a while... she might... Jungwon I don't think she's making it out."

"Of course she is. It's just a headache," Jungwon insisted as he looked back at Jiyeon, and wiped the weird tears away from her pale cheeks.

"She might have internal bleedings in her head if she's crying blood, Jungwon. She cannot make it out," Jake sternly spoke.

"She will," Jungwon shook his head as he pressed his forehead to Jiyeon's, "you'll make it out, right?"

"I'm sorry," she whispered making Jungwon frown, "I can't."

"You can. I know you can," Jungwon whispered and discreetly checked her pulse once again, before moving to hold a hand over her collarbone, "her heartrate is picking up hyung..."

Instead of saying anything, Jake simply turned his back to the two youngsters and ran a hand over his face, letting it rest over his mouth for him to stay quiet.

"You know I love you, right?" Jungwon whispered quietly to Jiyeon, who wasn't even looking at him anymore, he had noticed hover her eyes had edverted to just staring at his nose, as if she was completely gone behind those eyes, but he could hear her breathing, "right, Ji?"

"I hoped," Jiyeon whispered making Jungwon nod.

"Good," he murmured and pressed a small kiss to her forehead before just engulfing her in a hug, "you need to know I love you."

Jiyeon was unable to hug him back, she just wished he would let her lay down. Sitting up only made her more sick than she already was. But it seemed to not last long.

Slowly Jungwon noticed how her head fell to the side and she went more and more limp in his arms. At the sound of her hand landing on the floor, Jake had turned around and looked at the two. The slightly open, slightly closed eyes of Jiyeon made it painfully clear to Jake.

"We need to go, Jungwon," Jake whispered and Jungwon shook his head, as he only tightened his grip around Jiyeon.

"Can't I take her with me?" Jungwon murmured as he glanced towards Jake, "if she's... I want her to have a proper funeral."

Jake had to clench his jaw and fists as he turned his back to Jungwon, looking towards the ceiling to not break down then and there. He was baffled that Jungwon wasn't crying, but immediately thinking of how he wanted to bring her home.

"Alright... bring her along," Jake murmured and nodded as he grabbed onto his elbows.

Eventually Jungwon stepped up beside Jake, a limp body hanging on his back. Jiyeon's arms hanging loosely over his shoulders and her head laying on his shoulder, the eyes closed as if she just had fallen asleep.