Tag | 14

Sunoo dragged his feet along the floor as he sulked. His lips were slightly pushed out in a pout, dissatisfied with his disability to find Lin. 

He had initially hoped that the moment he would step out into the hallways he would be overcomed with an intuition that could tell him exactly where Lin would be. Instead he was left to wander around mindlessly.

The startling of a stick cracking behind you in a forest was equal to the shock Sunoo got when he heard a kick to a wall behind him. Abruptly he froze and slowly turned to look behind him.

His eyes were wide and his mouth slightly agape in horror. He was good with thrillers and horror movies - that was watching them, not living them.

Turning the corner at the end of the hallway was one of the people identical to the one that had let him out in the hallways. The white mask looked haunting as the face turned to him. It was almost like Sunoo had forgotten the tagger had stumbled over the corner they had turned.

Gathering himself almost immediately Sunoo set into a sprint in the opposite direction. He knew he wasn't a strong runner, but he surely was a lot stronger at running than playing any of the possible games the tagger had.

It was times like these he wished he had signed up for the track team with Lin - one of his initial ideas to get closer to her and not just the fragile connection they had from when she moved to Korea. 

Behind him Sunoo could hear the heaviness of boots running on the hollow floor. Sunoo clenched his Jaw as his brows furrowed and he sped up, taking a sharp turn down the nearest hallway, almost slipping and falling by the sharp turn he had made.

His lungs were burning, struggling to pull down enough air for him to run. His breathing was hoarse and his lungs felt like they were being pressed flat everytime he tried inhaling.

Maybe it was also due to the panic that his chaser never seemed to slow down  nor get tired, that caused him to struggle with his running. However, when he turned down a hallway and was met by the sight of two backs walking away from him he felt almost relieved.

For a splitsecond he believed he could just let the two figures struggle with the tagger if he was fast enough to run away and hide somewhere. He quickly shook that thought out of his head, whoever was walking in front of him was his friends and he wasn't gonna sacrifice them for his own sake.

Seeing the wavy ends of the hair on one of the figures Sunoo sucked in a deep breath in order to be able to yell out.

"Noona! Move!" Sunoo screamed, it almost didn't sound like him as he screamed. It was a foreign voice, affected by strain and the abscence of proper air.

The two girls further down the hallway abruptly moved to the side, pressing themselves up against the walls as Sunoo rushed past them - having too much speed to slow down in time.

"Was that..." Millie trailed off as both girls looked after the figure that had turned the nearest corner.

"Sunoo?" Soomin finished and frowned over at Millie, whose eyes widened, "what?"

"I think I might've figured why he was running," Millie murmured as a hand on Soomin's shoulder almost had Soomin jumping up in the air.

As Soomin turned her head she was faced with the expressionless white mask that had been chasing Sunoo. In front of her face two dices was held up by the tagger that still held onto her shoulder.

Looking over at Millie, who nervously gulped, Soomin grabbed the two dices in her hand, pulling her shoulder harshly out of the taggers grip.

Quietly Soomin let the two dices roll over the floor. Five eyes. Slowly Soomin looked to the tagger, awaiting whatever the five eyes meant for her and Millie.

"Tug of war."

The tagger loosened a piece of rope from his belt, quickly untying it and handing one end to Soomin before handing the other to Millie.

"What are the benefits and punishments?" Millie hesitantly questioned as the tagger stepped off to the side, having drawn a red line between the two girls.

"Loser dies, winner lives," the man casually replied and the two girls immediately looked at one another, "take your time."

"They can't just kill us," Millie whispered and shock as Soomin's eyes went emotionless and she sunk down to a crouch, sitting in shock with the rope clutched between her hands, "don't let go Soo."

"One of us has to die Millie," Soomin quietly reminded as she looked up at Millie.

"You're not letting go of that rope," Millie sternly warned, "you let go, I let go."

"I mean... you have more family, don't you?" Soomin questioned and Millie's eyes widened.

"Soo, this isn't a competition of who is most worthy to live!" Millie exclaimed loudly in disbelief, "what about Sunghoon?"

"What about him?" Soomin questioned and blinked once as she looked up at Millie.

"Poor boy will be broken if he finds out you've died!" Millie yelled in return, slowly growing agitated that Soomin was so willing to give herself up for Millie's sake.

"He might already be dead," Soomin reminded, "you said he already went out when you did... Jake is most likely to still be alive. Heeseung too."

"Soomin you're not letting go of that rope, if anything we're staying seated here for as long as we might need to before a solution comes along," Millie decided. 

As an answer Soomin quietly grabbed the rope and tied it around her wrist, forcing a small smile onto her face for Millie's sake. A relieved sigh escaped Millie as she slid down the wall behind her and sat down on the floor, tying the rope around her wrist as well, before clutching it tightly in the same hand.