Tag | 15

Breathing heavily Sunoo turned another corner. His follower had left him long ago, and he knew that. He had heard the tagger stop running after he had passed Millie and Soomin.

Leaning his back against the nearest wall while trying to catch his breath. Pinching his eyes closed tightly he winced at the thought of possibly bringing harm upon Millie and Soomin.

"Lin will murder me," Sunoo murmured in disbelief, quickly wiping his forehead with his sleeve before glancing back down the hallway he had turned.

A shaky breath got stuck in Sunoo's throat as he turned his head back to look straight forward, back into a pair of eyeholes in a white mask. Attempting to push his head further back into the wall behind him Sunoo tried to keep his breathing quiet. 

It seemed like he almost saw the tagger as a dinosaur. If he kept still for long enough, they couldn't see him and would eventually pass on to go find someone else. But that was far from the truth, and deep down Sunoo also knew that. However, it first really became his reality once the person pressed their hand against the left side of Sunoo's chest - no doubt being able to feel his racing heart beat.

"Tag."

Slowy Sunoo nodded in recognition of his tagger. Slowly relaxing his shoulders, which he unknowingly had tensed up, Sunoo stood up straight, towering slightly above the tagger. 

Glancing down Sunoo realized the dice that was extended towards him. Grabbing it in his hands Sunoo shook his fist quietly before eventually rolling the dice across the floor.

"Two eyes. Cham Cham Cham."

Sunoo eventually looked up at his tagger, giving them a small nod. A deck of cards was extended towards Sunoo and he immediately pulled one, a black card. The next he pulled from another deck of cards, a red one.

"Stab or a full meal. Avoid my hand three times."

The tagger took a step back from Sunoo and raised his palm stretched out towards Sunoo's face - as if awaiting a handshake from a titan.

"A stab?" Sunoo questioned in disbelief, not quite sure if he had heard the tagger properly.

Sunoo had had his doubts when Millie had told them that the game was supposed to kill them, but now that he stood with the possibility of getting stabbed for losing a children's game it all seemed too real.

"Cham, cham, cham."

Sunoo never got his answer, instead he abruptly looked to his left as the tagger moved his hand upwards. Sucking in a deep breath Sunoo settled on just trying to win the game, he usually had no trouble in keeping up a winning streak for a few rounds of cham cham cham, but one time had to be his first of not succeeding in that.

Slowly Sunoo turned his face back to the tagger, having a whole different look in his eyes. The scared little boy that had been showing through his eyes during the first round had completely vanished into blue air. Instead it was an ice cold stare that could freeze even the hottest of flames and turn them into glistening icicles. 

"Cham cham cham."

Sunoo clenched his fists tightly as the tagger moved their hand to the right, and so did Sunoo's head. For a second Sunoo's heart sped up until he realized that his right wasn't the samme as the tagger's right.

For a second Sunoo's cold stare fades into shock. Quickly he gathers himself once again, pursing his lips. He only had one more round left before he could get that full meal he was battling for.

"Cham cham cham."

The tagger moved his hand up.

Sunoo looked up.

Being able to see the movement of the taggers hand Sunoo stopped breathing. He didn't move, not one bit, the idea from before returning to his head. If he doesn't move, the tagger can't see him.

"A loss."

Sunoo closed his eyes tightly, hearing scattering around him. All he could hope for was for that stab to not be exactly what it sounded like or the literary meaning of the word. 

Without getting a chance to react or ever lowering his gaze to look at his tagger. He never even saw them again. 

Before he knew it a sharp pain made his left leg buckle under him and he fell down, attempting to clutch in the pain with his hands  that grabbed tightly onto his thigh. The heavy footsteps of the tagger walking off in the distance.

Trying to keep any sounds of pain inside him, Sunoo held his breath as he closed his eyes tightly - eyebrows furrowed. He trashed his right leg around in an attempt to distract himself from the immense pain in his left leg. 

Slowly the warm sticky liquid covered his hands as he bowed his head down to keep himself somewhat sane as he tried to comprehend the fact that he had been stabbed in the leg by god knows what. Something sharp - that was for sure.

He wasn't going anywhere for a while, he knew that. There was no way he would be able to stand on his feet after that stab