Tag | 31

The four young teenagers sat on the floor huddled around the map. Jake and Soomin cocking their heads to the side in order for them to try and look at the map from a new view.

"Maybe we're here," Millie spoke up and pointed to a hallway on the map.

"I don't think so..." Sunghoon trailed off with a small sigh as his eyebrows knitted together and he studied the shape and length of the hallway on the map, "this hallway isn't long enough."

"Are you sure?" Millie questioned with confusion lacing her voice, causing it to sound slightly lighter than what it had at first.

Looking around at the other three sitting with him Jake's eyes immediately fell and paused on Soomin. She was looking at the map, like the rest of them, but something about her facial expression was slightly off. She seemed to have dazed off, either that or she was feeling unwell.

"You alright Soomin?" Jake questioned as Sunghoon and Millie was too occupied with discussing where on the map they were.

"Huh?" Soomin immediately looked up at Jake with big eyes, almost as if she was a kid who had been caught with their hand in a cookie jar.

"You look kind of distant," Jake excused and waved his hand in front of his own eyes to gesture to what he meant, "are you alright?"

"Uh... yeah," Soomin nodded quietly as she shifted in her spot and let her eyes fall back down onto the map in front of her, "I'm fine... just a bit nauseous."

"We can go a bit to the side if you need air or to throw up. I'll go with you," Jake offered and Soomin looked up at him with an unsure look, "I doubt these two will stop bickering any time soon. If you need to get a bit away I'll go with you so you aren't alone."

"Please," Soomin nodded as she pushed herself up from her knees.

Jake quickly got up on his feet, rushing to place a hand softly between Soomin's shoulder blades and guiding her around the nearest corner. Immediately Soomin had grabbed onto her elbows as she seemingly shrunk in her spot, before halting her own steps and leaning up against the wall beside her.

Her eyes closed momentarily as a deep sigh escaped her and her head dropped down, hanging towards the ground as Jake softly rubbed her arm, looking back to remember the way they had walked.

"Are you sure you're just a bit nauseous?" Jake questioned with concern lacing his voice, "you look to be quite bad Soomin."

"I'm fine Jake," Soomin shook her head quietly, her voice barely above a whisper as her head lifted and leaned on the wall behind her, "I'm just exhausted."

"No..." Jake trailed off as he noticed the pulls on Soomin's eyebrows, as if they were twitching, "you're in pain. Why are you in pain? You haven't lost any games, have you?"

"No," Soomin shook her head as her eyebrows twitched and pulled into a frown, "god it hurts Jake."

"Where?" Jake murmured quietly and Soomin shook her head quietly, "where are you hurting Soomin?"

"Don't tell Sunghoon," Soomin shook her head making Jake just squint his eyes at her.

"You're making me worried now," Jake murmured, "what happened?"

With a small sigh instead of a reply Soomin pulled up the side of her top, just up around her ribs, enough to show Jake a series of vividly dark, circular marks on the side of Soomin's ribcage. Around the edge of them looked to be some yellow-ish puss.

"What... is this?" Jake questioned and made sure to hold Soomin's shirt up as well, scard that she'll quickly hide it again.

"Cigarette burns," Soomin murmured as she looked down at the marks herself, "thank you, paps."

"Your dad did this?" Jake questioned in shock and looked up at Soomin in shock, "Soomin, they look infected... that's why you're feeling nauseous..." Jake slowly realized only earning a frown from Soomin, "my mom's a nurse, don't ask," he waved it off.

"What do you mean?" Soomin questioned making Jake sigh.

"Soomin... if you have an infected burn, and you feel sick from it... you might have gotten toxic shock syndrome," Jake quietly explained, "you'll get a fever, feel like vomitting and be dizzy, and as far as I've noticed you're looking to be nauseous, and you've said so as well," Jake pointed out before holding the back of his hand up to her forehead, "and you're burning hot too," he murmured before looking around the hallway, "alright... get up on my back and I'll get back to Sunghoon. We can't do anything about it as long as we don't have antibiotics."

"Sunghoon has a first aid kit," Soomin reminded and got up on Jake's back once he had crouched down in front of her.

"About that..." Jake trailed off only earning a hum from Soomin as he straightened up once again, "he gave it to Sunoo, so he could fix his wound."

"That's fine," Soomin murmured as Jake began walking back to where Sunghoon and Millie were.

Quickly Jake rushed to the nearest hallway and turned down it a small breath of relief escaping his mouth as he did so.

"Sunghoon, I think-" Jake paused in his sentence immediately.

The hallway was completely empty. But he could've sworn this was the right hallway.

"Guys?" Jake called out as Soomin just patted his shoulder quietly, "hold on, we'll find Millie and Sunghoon first."

"Jake, I have to throw up," Soomin murmured.

Within seconds Jake had put Soomin down on the floor. She had quickly scrambled over to the nearest wall and leaned her side up against it as her stomach pulled itself together. Before she actually threw up Jake had rushed over to hold up her hair and softly rub her back, while he looked back and forth down the hallway, searching for any sign of the two others.