Tag | 18

After having sat in silence for a while Jungwon had decided it would be best for him and Jiyeon to try and find somewhere more secluded to rest. Resulting in them wandering about and looking.

Pulling and pushing at a door Jungwon let out a heavy sigh of defeat. Locked, once again. By now they had passed at least a dozen of locked doors. They had hoped the doors would lead to a small broom closet they could hide in.

Meanwhile, behind him, Jiyeon was wandering further down the hallway, towards a turn she had spotted hiding in the shadows. 

"You can't just walk off like that," Jungwon complained as he jogged up beside Jiyeon.

"I just did," Jiyeon remarked with a small smirk.

"Yeah... but don't do that again, unless you want me to shit a snowman," Jungwon remarked, earning a funny look from Jiyeon.

"You? ... Shit a snowman?" Jiyeon questioned in amusement, immediately getting it waved off by Jungwon.

"Forget it," Jungwon excused as he and Jiyeon began wandering down the new hallway Jiyeon had found.

They didn't exactly get far. Before she could react Jiyeon had been pushed over behind Jungwon as he abruptly stopped walking. A hand on the middle of his chest had stopped him immediately. The tight grip Jungwon held on Jiyeon's arms behind his back had the girl knowing immediately what was happening. Her breath hitched.

"Tag."

Jungwon glanced down as the tagger raised their hand, holding a dice between their thumb and pointer finger. Without a word Jungwon grabbed onto the dice and rolled it along the floor.

"Six, lie detector."

While the tagger rumaged through their bag, Jungwon swiftly moved over to a showcase and pushed Jiyeon over behind it to keep her hidden. Without a word, and while keeping her hands over her mouth, she crouched down and tried to calm herself down.

"Initial cutting or... water."

Jungwon dropped the two cards he had pulled from two different decks the tagger had extended towards him. Simply nodding Jungwon pushed one of his shoulders slightly back to release the tension he had felt in it.

"I ask three questions, you ask three questions. If you're deemed to lie once you will lose."

Jungwon nodded as the tagger pulled out a lie detector. It was one of those white ones, with the red straps and way too many blinking lights. The one every other kid owned, and would give you a small electric shock if you didn't speak the truth - or it assumed you were lying.

The tagger gestured to the lie detector. Without hesitation Jungwon grabbed it and sat down on the floor, immediately strapping his hand tightly down onto the small toy.

"We shall begin," the tagger insisted, "Are you alone at the moment?"

"No," Jungwon shortly replied making Jiyeon bite down on her finger, listening as the lie detector deemed him to be telling the truth, "as far as I can see you're standing right in front of me, aren't you? Your turn."

Jungwon pulled out his hand as the tagger sat down and shoved their hand into the lie detector, not bothering to strap their hand down.

"Why is it our group that has to play this game? Was it planned?" Jungwon immediately questioned.

"The app. You downloaded it, you used it. She used it towards you. A match means you've been chosen," the tagger calmly replied, the lie detector dinging to indicate it was the truth.

Jungwon pursed his lips, dissatisfied with the fact that he was the main reason why his friends were in the horrible game they had ended in. His dismay showed clearly on his face as he strapped his hand back into.

"Why did you cut the contact with Ahn Jiyeon upon entering school?"

Jungwon gulped as he felt nausea take over him. It was one thing they had been watched after he used that stupid app, another thing was that they knew of their past. Not to mention this was a thing he had despised getting asked by Jiyeon herself - the thought of someone else asking him, when she sat right there, made him sick to the stomach.

"I hated her," Jungwon eventually spoke as Jiyeon closed her eyes tightly.

"Why?" the tagger questioned making Jungwon lose his patience.

"You asked me a question, that's enough," Jungwon insisted and the tagger simply shook their head.

"Why did you hate Ahn Jiyeon?"

"She was annoying me. The rumours about her that was going around made me not want to associate with her," Jungwon slowly admitted, recalling the rumour that the girls had spread in their grade when they started school.

Jiyeon's mom had hired a babysitter to take care of her daughter after school and before she got home from work herself. The girls at school had insisted they had seen Jiyeon's babysitter touch her inappropriately and Jungwon, as young as he was, had questioned his sister about what it meant at the time.

"I was disgusted by her... and uhm... I was conflicted because my head and intution told me now thing about her, meanwhile my heart wanted to believe something else," Jungwon admitted, "I didn't cut off contact with her because I was scared of falling in love so young, like I've told everyone. I genuinely hated and despised her."

The time between Jungwon's answer and the lie detectors answer was enough for Jiyeon to start feeling a pain in her chest. She wasn't really sure what it had caused, but Jungwon's answer had affected her in some way, she knew that. The lie detector was quietly shuffled back to the tagger after a ding had confirmed Jungwon's story.

"Can we actually get out of here?" Jungwon quietly questioned, feeling numb after his past answer.

"You just have to find the exit," the tagger replied, the ding soundnig out almost immeditaely.

 Jungwon let out a shaky breath, momentarily glancing to the showcase Jiyeon was sitting behind as he strapped his hand back into the lie detector.

"Was asking Ahn Jiyeon to be your girlfriend a dare or a bet?"

Jungwon had almost given the tagger a fist to the face at his question, but somehow he managed to compose himself. Immediately he sucked in a deep breath.

"Neither," Jungwon sternly replied with confidence.

He knew he was telling the truth, and he prayed that Jiyeon thought so too. The only thing was... the ding of the lie detector accepting his answer didn't come. Instead a loud sound of disapproval sounded out as Jungwon retracted his hand the moment the electric shock had hit his hand.

"Lost."

The tagger immediately grabbed something from a side pocket, tackling Jungwon down to the ground. Too much in shock of what the lie detector had declared Jungwon didn't get to fight back, he only managed to hold up his arms to shield himself. 

On the outer side of his right arm the tagger dug their knife into his arm, beginning to cut three initials. 

G.K.T

Jungwon let out a small scream, that technically wasn't a scream but more a sound of surprise. He quickly pushed the tagger off himself and looked down at his arm in shock, watching red liquid gush out as the tagger rushed away with the lie detector.

"Ji?" Jungwon murmured quietly looking over to the showcase. 

Tilting backwards Jiyeon let herself fall out into Jungwon's sight as she landed on her butt. She didn't look at him she just quietly crawled over and pulled off her button up shirt, immediately wrapping it tightly around Jungwon's arm, before leaning against the wall beside him.

"Ji," Jungwon repeated again, having the girl shake her head at him.

"Not now Jungwon," Jiyeon shook her head, "we're taking a break until you've stopped bleeding."

"But Jiyeon-" he started immediately shutting up as she looked at him while shaking her head.

"Please just... be quiet," she pleaded making Jungwon close his mouth before pursing his lips.

As it went silent Jungwon wasn't blind to the fact that Jiyeon discreetly moved a few centimeters away from him.