| 18 |

A delicious smell spread through the house as Sunghoon managed to sniff his way to the kitchen. By now he just wandered in whenever Soomin invited him over, after all he had been there enough to be considered a resident of the house.

He found Soomin standing by the stove stirring a wooden spoon in a pot. Sunghoon carefully strode up to her. He softly placed his hands on her waist as if to warn her that he was there.

By the current circumstances she probably would've jumped half a meter up in the air had she not recognized Sunghoon's perfume the moment he stepped into the house. 

Once Sunghoon was assured that no further reaction came from Soomin he carefully grabbed her hair and tied it up in a low bun with the hair elastic he always carried around on his wrist, just in case. His arms sneaked around her waist softly as he placed his chin on her shoulder and placed a feathery kiss on her jaw. It was so soft that it barely was noticeable but it was enough to make both Sunghoon and Soomin's hearts go wild in their chests.

"Smells amazing," Sunghoon murmured as he looked down at the contents of the pot, "I'm sorry I became late. My trainer wanted me to-"

"I don't care Hoon," Soomin softly reminded him a funny look spreading on Sunghoon's face - he wasn't used to anyone talking like that to him let alone making that statement sound so soft, "you know I don't care why you're late as long as you're also helping me with cooking."

"I just... I feel bad you know," he murmured with a small sigh, "with those texts lately... I really didn't want you to be alone for too long. What if it made you anxious or something happened to you?"

"Then you're lucky I'm fine," Soomin assured quietly as she glanced down at Sunghoon with a small smirk spreading on her lips.

"I'm serious. I really feel bad about having to leave you alone or let you wait for me," Sunghoon insisted as a small laugh escaped Soomin, "so... can I stay the night?"

"Of course," Soomin hummed at him, "but you're sleeping on the couch," she remarked as she tried to bite back her laugh once Sunghoon stood straight up and let go of her.

"What? Why?" Sunghoon exclaimed, the last question coming out as more of a whine than a complaint.

"Because~" Soomin cooed in return as a small smile grew on her face and she looked over her shoulder at Sunghoon, "last time you hogged the blanket."

"I did not!" Sunghoon loudly exclaimed as he leaned against the countertop beside Soomin, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You did," Soomin nodded, "blanket-hog!"

"I absolutely refuse that," he shook his head in denial, "I never did, never will."

"Don't lie to me Park Sunghoon," Soomin warned and went him a glare as a chuckle escaped Sunghoon's lips.

"You're cute," he excused and reached over to fix Soomin's bangs - they had parted down the middle slightly, part of them sticking out in an odd way, "a kiss?"

"Do you deserve that?" Soomin questioned.

"Obviously," he nodded with a shrug, "I've been at practice, I've tried to trace that IP-adress, I'm good looking, I'm an awesome boyfriend-"

"I think you've reached the things that are subjective to the eyes of the beholder," Soomin commented in amusement.

"I AM goodlooking and I AM a good boyfriend," Sunghoon insisted and Soomin simply nodded, "so yes, I do deserve that kiss."

Soomin pursed her lips before turning her head to Sunghoon, giving him a small nod. A soft smile adorned Sunghoon's face as he quickly leaned in and placed a lingering peck on her lips.

They slowly let their lips separate, neither of them really wanting to part from the other, but the food might just burn if they lingered in their ecstasy for a bit too long. Soomin was the one who directed her attention elsewhere first, meanwhile Sunghoon didn't move from his spot, he just stood in the same position while his eyes followed her every movement as he let a smile rest on his face.

"Can I get you to check my phone?" Soomin questioned and Sunghoon hummed immediately, "I got a text earlier, it might be dad wanting me to do some grocery shopping for tomorrow."

"Where is it?" Sunghoon questioned and Soomin nodded backwards.

Sunghoon followed the direction she had nodded in and rushed to grab her phone, which laid on the opposite kitchen counter. The moment Sunghoon took the phone into his hand the phonescreen lit up and buzzed as a new message ticked into her phone.

'No one but me can

touch her like that'

Sunghoon frowned before looking up at Soomin, who blissfully was oblivious to the message that just had ticked into her phone. Sunghoon quickly glanced behind him as if searching for anyone that could be watching them, but not even a soul was in sight.

Sunghoon sighed before shoving the phone into his backpocket. Trying to push the message to the back of his head he walked back over behind Soomin and wrapped his arms around her waist once more.

"Was it my dad?" Soomin questioned and Sunghoon shook his head.

"Your cows in HayDay are ready to get milked," Sunghoon lied as a small laugh escaped Soomin, "you're not serious about me sleeping on the couch, are you?"

"Of course not," Soomin shook her head as she turned off the stove and removed the pot from the gasflame.

"So... let's eat dinner together and then I seriously have to fix my homework and all the assignments I'm not up to date with," Sunghoon admitted and Soomin let out a small chuckle with a small nod, "and I'd really appreciate it if you would help me... again..."

"And I am not surprised," Soomin remarked with a small nod.

Sunghoon smiled slightly as he grabbed two bowls for them to eat from and pouring up the food for them while Soomin let out a small sigh and slumped in a nearby chair - tired from all her cooking.