| 10 |

A small bell dinged above the door as Jiyeon entered the convenience store late Friday evening, making the cashier glance over at her with a bored look and a few heads pop up from the aisles around the small store. She politely bowed her head at the cashier before moving onto the section with instant meals, where she began pondering about what she should get for dinner.

"Jiyeon-ssi?" a voice spoke up and she immediately looked to h erside to see Jungwon standing there, with some sort of Mango flavored drink mash thingy in his hand.

"Hello," she politely bowed her head at him, before he frowned at her.

"What are you doing out so late?" he questioned cocking his head to the side.

"I could ask you the same," Jiyeon cockily replied, "it's a Friday evening."

"I asked first," he quickly defended, making her let out a small laugh at him.

"My mom is out of town this weekend, and I forgot to buy groceries earlier today... so here I am," Jiyeon excused and gestured to all the instant meals in front of her.

"Do you need help?" he questioned me with a small smile. Cute, dimples.

"Yeah... do you have any recommendation for which one is best?" Jiyeon questioned gesturing to the shelf in front of her, before scratching the side of her nose.

"Uh... what do you like?" he questioned and turned to look at the shelf.

"I don't care, I'm not that picky," she shrugged at him, making him reach out for a small yellow packet, "you sure like yellow," she commented looking at the mango thingy in his hand.

"I prefer blue," he shook his head at her before extending the packet towards her, "this is a good start to instant meals, with time you'll like the others more."

"Thanks," she smiled warmly up at him as she grabbed the packet from him, "I'll go get more things then."

"Mind if I tag along?" he questioned and she arched a brow at him in amusement, making him immediately rub the back of his neck, "I just... practice ended early today, and if you still feel unsafe at home and... you know...."

"I'm just picking up some flavoured milk before I have to go home," Jiyeon nodded at him, making him shrug, "but if you really want to follow me around, I can't really do anything about it. Unless it's stalking... then I don't want it."

"It's not stalking," he assured after having let out a small laugh.

"Alright then," she nodded at him before moving down towards the coolers.

"Need any recommendations again?" he questioned with amusement as she looked through the cooler.

"No, I'm good," I assured him with a small laugh, before grabbing a box of four strawberry milks, and one with four chocolate milks, "mom don't drink them anyways. I need them to study."

"Really?" he questioned in disbelief with a small smile on his face and Jiyeon happily nodded.

"It's called the rewarding method. Mom used to use it on me when I was younger," Jiyeon calmly informed him before they moved up towards the cashier, "it was a way of making me do my homework. Once I was done I would get a small reward. It usually was just a small chocolate milk, but now I also like strawberry milk."

"Ah... a reward system," he nodded as Jiyeon placed the things in front of the cashier and he quickly beeped the items, and she paid for them.

Jungwon paid after her, as she placed her items in a small plastic bag, so it would be easier for her to carry home.

"So let's go?" Jungwon questioned as we stepped outside, "if you don't mind walking togetehr."

"I let you stalk me around the store, I won't mind as long as you don't kidnap me," Jiyeon nodded at him, making a smile appear on his face once again. The way she so calmly spoke was a lot more dreamy than it was during the dayhours, it was almost like the drowsiness of the evening had made her voice more breathy.

They began walking down the dimly lit streets together. It may be April already, but the streetlamps were still needed to light up the evening properly. It was quite silent on the walk, it's not like any of them said anything... at all. It wasn't exactly awkward... just a bit weird.

"You don't have long home, do you?" Jiyeon questioned and Jungwon shook his head at her.

"You know where I live," he remarked with a small laugh, much to Jiyeon's embarrassment, "and you're sure you don't want me to stay the night? You feel safe enough?"

"Can you maybe just... wait out here until you've heard the door lock?" Jiyeon slowly questioned and Jungwon immediately nodded in assurance.

Sending him a small smile, Jiyeon slowly entered her house and closed the door after her. For some reason she wanted Jungwon to stay outside the door for as long as possible, even if she couldn't see him, so she carefully pulled off her coat and boots before quietly locking the door.

On the other side of the door a small smile rested on Jungwon's lips as he looked towards the small bushes lining up the house, patiently waiting the small click of the lock. 

The moment the lock echoed out its click Jungwon's smile faltered slightly. He eventually nodded and slowly walked back out on the sidewalk, glancing up towards the kitchen window of the house. Jiyeon stood quietly by the window, pulling out the eight milks she had bought before eventually pulling out the instantmeal and inspecting it.

At least she had gotten inside safely and looked calm.