| 19 |

A loud gasp escaped Jungwon as he rushed into the living room, seeing the pillow fort that already was built in the living room he dropped the bags of snacks in his arms, making a head immediately poke out from the pillow fort.

"Yang Jungwon you did not just drop all the snacks!" Jiyeon exclaimed in shock as she looked at the bags on the floor.

"Ahn Jiyeon you did not just built a pillow fort without me!" Jungwon retorted as Jiyeon crawled out from the pillow fort, rushing over to pick up the discarded snacks by Jungwon.

"I can't believe you're so irresponsible to just drop the snacks like that," Jiyeon quietly murmured as she rushed to place the many different bags on the teatable.

She had barely placed the snacks down before a wail sounded out through the house making Jiyeon immediately snap her head to the hallway Jungwon had emerged from. Most of the bedrooms were down that hallway and Jungwon had initially dropped his things in Jiyeon's room - including the snacks.

"I'll go check on my brother, please just pick any movie. I'll be back fast as possible," Jiyeon rambled before rushing off down the dark hallway.

Jungwon quietly stood and watched after her before hesitantly walking over and looking through the movies he and Jiyeon had found together, either from her belongings, his belongings, or in the thrift store they passed on the way home. 

Down the hallway Jungwon heard the baby wails die down as quiet hushing and humming sounded to be coming from Jiyeon. A smile spread on his face as he looked through the stack of movies until he eventually reached one. His hand halted as his smile faltered. He remembered that movie all too well, he even knew it by heart, but he never thought she would keep it.

The Wind Rises

Eventually Jiyeon returned to the living room, witnessing Jungwon in his own little world while he looked at the cover of the movie.

"Oh... that's an old one. I don't know how it got in that stack," Jiyeon excused as she rushed over and grabbed the movie, removing it from Jungwon's sight, "I'll go put it away. Did you find any movie?"

"I want to watch that one," Jungwon spoke up and Jiyeon abruptly turned around with confusion written all over her face.

"It's a cartoon," she pointed out and Jungwon just nodded at her.

"But we watched it all the time when we were younger," he pointed out and Jiyeon slowly nodded, "can we watch it again?"

"Uh... yeah," Jiyeon nodded as she walked over to insert the DVD into the reader, "you can take down the pillowfort so we actually have a place to sit."

Jungwon looked towards the pillowfort noticing a soft pink blanket with white hearts littering it, it was an old one - he knew that simply because he was the one who had given it to her on her 5th birthday.

He carefully grabbed it and then placed the pillows back in their places for the intro music to start playing from the movie. He quietly sat down on the couch, waiting for Jiyeon to sit down, which she eventually did.

For the first part of the movie the two sat in silence, an awkward distance between them. But once the scene where the girl's umbrella flew away and the boy ran to catch it a small memory made its way into Jungwon's head. He used to have a ritual during that scene.

"Jiyeon-ah?" Jungwon called out, earning a hum from Jiyeon, "I like you very much," he admitted with a small smile on his face.

He watched silently as Jiyeon completely froze at his words, it was like she was reliving all those times she watched the movie with Jungwon. Like Jungwon she had initially forgotten about his small ritual during that scene, but now it all came back to her.

"Ah, you can't just do that to me," Jiyeon complained and covered her cheeks, eyes glued to the screen across from her, "not when I know it has a different meaning now."

"It doesn't though," Jungwon admitted, earning a careful glance from the girl beside him, "it always had the same meaning as it has now. I liked you then too, not as a friend but I think you were too oblivious."

"We were five!" Jiyeon exclaimed with a small laugh.

"Doesn't stop me from being head over heels, now does it?" he laughed as well, letting his laughter die down as he realized Jiyeon was just looking at him with a fond smile, "can we please not have this awkward space between us?"

Jungwon gestured to the space between them. Jiyeon glanced to it before pursing her lips and quietly moving over to sit beside him. She refused to look at him, but that didn't hinder him from feeling mischevious. Within seconds he had pulled her into him, turning out to make them lay down on the couch together.

It wasn't as much laying down, it was partially sitting up, and partially laying down. Jungwon was leaning against the armrest with his waist, a leg running along the back of the couch as the other was bent in front of him. Between his legs laid Jiyeon's torso, her back resting up against his stomach while he held her up with an arm around her midsection.

Not a word was exchanged between the two, it was more of a comfortable than an awkward silence they had come to. Once in a while Jungwon would move Jiyeon's hair out of her face, meanwhile Jiyeon would quietly trace patterns on the back of the hand Jungwon was resting near her solar plexus. 

As the scene where the boy and girl kissed Jiyeon could feel Jungwon turn his hand into a fist against her solar plexus, her stare immediately travelling to look up at Jungwon.

"You good?" Jiyeon murmured as Jungwon quietly nodded while looking down at her.

"You know... I always saw them as us," he whispered quietly as he moved his face close enough to hers for his nose to poke into her cheek softly before he carefully planted a small peck at the corner of her lips.

"You did?" Jiyeon hummed as a small smile spread on her face, a confirming hum escaping Jungwon as he wrapped his other arm around Jiyeon and brought her closer to him.

"Mhm... I did."