Tag | 13

"You know... if you find Millie out there and I don't-" Heeseung started making Jake sigh heavily. Heeseung had repeaed himself again and again for what felt like the last fortyfive minutes.

"You'll find her," Jake reminded him once again, "your her brother. You'll find her long before I do."

"What if I don't?" Heeseung murmured, "she'll just think I hated her if anythnig happened to any of us."

"She will. That's how I know you'll end up finding her," Jake calmly reminded, "you want to fix that misconception bad enough that even without trying you'll still end up finding her before me. I at least hope you're desperate to get it fixed."

"I need to," Heeseung quietly nodded as he chewed down, "it's not an I want to, I need to, Jake. And she needs to hear it from me. I don't care if Sunoo tells her, she won't believe it if I don't tell her."

Jake quietly looked at his hyung before glancing off to the opposite wall of them. Jay had taken Riki over there to sit down and talk after the younger boy had gotten into more of a panicked state. It was clear that Jay was panicked too, but he somehow managed to sit and calmly talk to the younger one in that exact moment, much to Jake's surprise. It even looked like Riki had calmed down from earlier.

"You know... I think Millie is aware that you love her," Jake assured Heeseung quietly, "remember that time Jungwon and his sister fought?"

"Over who broke that vase?" Heeseung questioned in amusement and Jake quietly nodded, "he was ready to rip her head off."

"He was," Jake nodded in agreement, "I remember talking to his sister around that time. She was convinced that her and Jungwon wouldn't have the same relationship again because of that fight. But look at them now. Jungwon claims they have grown closer and so does his sister."

"But remember Yeji?" Heeseung quietly questioned, "after she confronted Sunghoon with the fact that he put both ice skating and Soomin before her, he never replied to it. What if I'm the same as Sunghoon, who desperately wants to show to his sister that she means the world to him, but he's so bad at conveying those feelings that he'll only fuck up even further."

"I forgot about Yeji and Sunghoon," Jake quietly admitted as he looked towards the floor, "he's been walking her home from school ever since the second semester started. I've caught him sneaking bananamilks and such into his bag before he goes to pick her up. I don't know how they're doing now. Whenever I ask Sunghoon he doesn't want to talk about it."

"She's quiet whenever they walk home from school. It's only him talking," Heeseung remarked making Jake look to him, "I saw them once. Before Sunghoon knew where I lived, they used to walk by my house, not anymore. Sunghoon was happily talking and asking Yeji things, he never got an answer further than a shrug or a shake of the head. She never smiled, never said a word. A few times she's been walking home alone. I think it's the days where he comes too late to walk her home. If I have fucked up too bad this time Jake, then I've messed up forever."

"You haven't," Jake sighed as he looked at Heeseung - Jake's patience running thin the more Heeseung was beating himself up about the whole ordeal.

"I have," Heeseung insisted and rubbed his face in his hands, "I haven't been a good brother."

"You haven't been a perfect brother," Jake corrected, "and no one is. But because you're the perfectionist you are, you just can't accept the fact that you're not the perfect one for Millie."

"I'm not a perfectionist Jake, stop it," Heeseung sighed as he shook his head.

"You most definitely are," Jake insisted, "why did you stop playing football?"

"Because I couldn't score," Heeseung sighed.

"But you liked it, didn't you?"

"Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have played it."

"So you stopped playing a sport you liked. Because you couldn't score. You know what that sounds like to me?"

"A perfectionist..."

"I've proven my point."

Jake leaned back in satisfaction, crossing his arms over his chest as a satisfied smirk grew on his face. 

"Next player please enter the game."

Jake closed his eyes for a good second before eventually nodding and letting out a deep sigh. Slowly he pushed himself up from the ground and walked across the open space in the depot room. 

While walking he recalled how they had been lined up there after waking up in the depot room. His heart had been beating rapidly in his chest when Jiyeon refused to give her age and that man had been telling Millie to take off her shirt. 

He remembered how Sunghoon had been shaking as the man had pulled Soomin into his embrace. The few seconds of thinking that had been between Soomin getting grabbed and Sunghoon rushing to pull her back.

Jake extended his palm towards the tagger, determined to go out and find Millie. If Heeseung wasn't gonna look for her with all his might, Jake would and he would assure they found Heeseung so they could settle this.

A small wince flashed across Jake's face as the X in his hand turned dark red with blood and the door opened in front of him.

Sucking in a deep breath, filling his lungs to the brim like he was filling a glass of water until it flowed over, he stepped out into the hallway and let the breath out - the glass flowing over with water.