Tag | 22

The time between Riki leaving and Jay leaving seemed to be endless for Jay. He had caught himself wandering around the depot room, looking in the boxes, checking all the walls for any windows or doors that could be used as an escape - neither of which he found.

At one point he had even tried to question the tagger about various things. Why they were there, how they got out, was it even possible for them to get out. None of his questions had been answered though, they were all left for Jay to ponder about while he waited.

However, now that the doors opened in front of him he caught himself clenching his fist with more strength, increasing the amount of blood that dripped from his hand and onto the floor.

Once the doors opened he stood still in his spot, only glancing to the tagger that had cut into his hand. The tagger didn't say a word as they turned around and began walking down the hallway in front of Jay, pressing a button a bracelet they were wearing.

"The last player has entered the game. The depot room is now open for the game as well."

Jay sucked in a deep breath, knowing he was the last player. He could only hope that just because the last player had been sent out it didn't mean the game would turn more brutal - yet he feared it as his eyes dawned upon the blood splatter on the floor a few footsteps further down the hallway, desperately he wished it was simply because someone had subconsiously done the same as him and clenched their fist too much after getting the cut in their palm.

Instead of entering the hallways like everyone else had done before him, Jay abruptly turned on his heel and rushed towards the aisles of shelves. He had plotted out every shelf in the depot room within the last hour and was sure that no taggers was in the room with him.

He had only spotted two entrances. The one everyone went out of and the one he had entered through with the rest of the boys. None of which he had witnessed a tagger enter through. According to the mental calculations he had made it meant he had about half an hour before anyone else would even enter the depot room again, meaning he had exactly thirty minutes to hide himself in the depot room, somewhere he could be safe and keep guard - possibly injure a tagger before he got tagged.

He recalled a shelf having a ladder leading up to it's sixth or seventh shelf, a height where he would be safe enough and no one could reach him. A height of about three meters. 

From down the hallways he could hear murmurs and footsteps of someone moving closer, only making him run his way to the shelf he recalled the ladder standing by. He pulled himself up the ladder, skipping a few steps here and there to hoist himself up faster.

Eventually Jay managed to crawl in on a shelf, laying on his stomach while he hoisted the ladder up slightly. He had managed to hoist about half of the ladder off before he grabbed onto it wrongly and it slid out of his hands.

Falling three meters and announcing its landing with a loud clining the ladder was no longer of any use to Jay - he was essentialy stuck three meters up in the air with no safe possibility of getting down. The only thing he was safe from was the possibility of getting tagged, unless the tagger would use the ladder to get up to him.

With his heart beating fast in his chest a headache began pounding in his head - the same rhythm as his heart. He deeply feared someone had heard the crash and would come running in the direction of the sound, worst of all he feared it was a tagger and not one of his friends.

"If I was more religious than I am I would've been praying right now," Jay murmured in disbelief as he rolled over on his back and let out a deep sigh while throwing his arms over his face to hide himself. It was at the sound of his voice that he realized how comforting it really was to hear his own voice in a situation like this, for a mere second he was decieved into thinking he wasn't there alone, but was there with a friend - someone who wished him well, "god this place is turning me into a mental patient."

Rubbing his face in his hands Jay decded to stay quiet for his own good and mental wellbeing. He quietly feared that he might end up freaking himself out enough to have permanent mental scars once he got out of that place. Was it even possible for a person to turn themselves schizophrenic? If anyone wished to research that Jay surely was a perfect Guinea Pig at that moment.