| 22 |

"Everyone in their seats?" Heeseung called out from up front of the van, earning an identical answer from everyone in the small van. It seemed everyone was desperate to get away from the shady motel.

"Yes sir!" they all chorused back as Heeseung started the van once again. It sounded to be coughing before eventually starting up properly, almost as if the car had a severe case of asthma.

"And you're sure it can make it all the way down there and back home?" Millie called out to her brother from her seat beside Soomin.

"You will be surprised at how good I am at driving," Heeseung assured her.

"I didn't question your driving, I questioned the expected lifetime of the van," Millie corrected him, earning a few laughs from the others for their bickering which just continued back and forth for the first fifteen minutes of the ride.

After an hour of driving, they had ended up on a long, deserted highway, the car had begun making funny sounds as they were driving. This only earned more comments from Millie, about how bad of a shape the car was in.

"Look, I'm not a specialist, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to say that," Soomin pointed out making Heeseung wave it off before a loud bang echoed throughout the van and everyone widened our eyes.

"I'll pull over," Heeseung muttered as he pulled over to the side of the road.

"So what now?" Riki sighed as he looked around at the rest.

"I'll go check on it," Lin offered and got up from her seat and stepped out the car.

"What do you know about this?" Jay questioned as he walked out and lifted the hood of the car for her, letting out a sigh as he simply glanced at her.

"My dad is a mechanic," Lin excused and pulled off her grey zip-up hoodie and tied it around her waist, leaving her in her white cropped tee.

Lin let out a small sigh as she looked through the possible problems, almost as if it was routine for her, but it was mainly just because she had been used to seeing her dad do the same thing. Eventually she let out a sigh and closed the front hood once again, walking over to the driver's window, which was rolled down.

"Get out of the car, we're not getting anywhere with this," Lin shook her head at Heeseung who frowned down at her, "you burnt off the engine."

"Not possible," he gasped at her, "how would you know?"

"My dad is a mechanic," Lin repeated to him as he hesitantly nodded and turned around in his seat.

"Out of the car, we're not getting further with this," he called out to the rest as complaints started coming from inside the van.

Lin walked back to Jay who had gotten out a water bottle and opened it, for her to quickly wash her hands. The two of them approached the others and began waiting around for anything to happen.

"You know... if we had just filled up the tank, like we told you, this wouldn't have happened," Millie repeated towards Heeseung, who gasped dramatically at her, as the rest just stared at them as they bickered about it being fuel missing or the engine that was burnt of.

"How about we instead of fighting, try and find a solution to this," Jake offered, "it doesn't matter why the car stopped, we just can't get further with it."

"What? You want to run the 20 miles back to the gas station to get a dunk of fuel?" Heeseung remarked at him as he stood beside Soomin, with crossed arms.

"Lets just hitchhike," Soomin sighed before stepping out to the edge of the road and lifting up her thumb as Millie and Heeseung went back to bickering once again.