Tag | 35

The hallway was completely silent, besides Sunoo's quiet whimpering calls for Lin as she laid on the ground, heaving for her breath. Around her seemed to be a pool of blood that only grew, maybe it seemed a bit more intense to Sunoo than it actually was. It pained him to sit and look at her, knowing he was restricted from reaching her.

He constantly pulled at the ropes around his wrists, trying to get himself loose. Tears streaming down his cheeks on top of the many tears that already had dried onto his cheeks in a thin-white salt trail.

Somehow he managed to rip his hand out of the ropes, letting the other slide out easily. He did not mind the scratches on the back of his hand a second thought as he hurriedly crawled across the floor, ignoring the wound in his thigh as he grabbed Lin's face in his hands.

"Lin... please, please," he murmured quietly as his eyes welled up once again. He quickly had to wipe them way with his hand before abruptly returning it to cup Lin's face, "Lin?"

"Sunoo," Lin whimpered. Not exactly what Sunoo had expected, he had thought she had fallen unconsious at one point, but slowly it dawned upon him that she had been awake during the whole punishment, and had at one point decided to just bite the pain in her instead of voicing it out loud through her screams. Must've been a way to hope it would stop.

"I'm here. I'm here," Sunoo quickly assured as he pulled her up to lay in his lap while he kept caressing her face, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

"It hurts," Lin whispered as a sob escaped her and Sunoo only frowned down at her frail figure as she hesitantly curled up into a small ball against Sunoo's thigh.

"I know, Love, I know," he murmured quietly and caressed a hand through her hair.

"I want to go home," she murmured and pressed her face into Sunoo's thigh, she had curled up against.

"Then let's go home," Sunoo whispered softly and ran his hand through her hair once again, "we should've gone home earlier, shouldn't we?"

"We can't," Lin quietly shook her head as Sunoo slowly moved away from her and knelt down by her side.

"I'll lift you up now, alright?" Sunoo whispered, getting a small nod from Lin.

The moment Sunoo had slid his arms under Lin's knees and pulled her up into his arms she had immediately let out a small whimper and clutched onto his shirt tightly. For a second after straightening up, Sunoo had to suck in a deep breath.

He had never seen Lin act like she did in that moment. Not even when she was sick or had period pains. She seemed so weak to him in that very moment.

To his luck Sunoo had spotted a door further down the hallway. He had tried to open it without Lin noticing, but it had been locked - not that he was surprised. Once he reached the outline of the door he let out another sigh before kicking against the door, hissing slightly as he was remembered of the stab in his leg.

"What?" 

A tagger had opened the door and simply looked at the two, glancing down at how Lin just clung tighter to Sunoo. It was almost as if she was unaware of what was happening around her, yet still consious.

"I wish to get out," Sunoo calmly stated making the tagger lift up their mask, revealing a middle aged man who was squinting his eyes at Sunoo before glancing down at Lin.

"You have to find the exit," the man replied.

"You know who I am. If you want a reminder check my right pocket," Sunoo sighed and the man immediately shoved his hand into Sunoo's right pocket while Sunoo impatiently pushed his tongue out into his cheek.

"Says here that you're allowed to leave at any time, not her," the man remarked and Sunoo arched a brow at the man.

"I'm sure your income won't change much," Sunoo retorted, "get me a wheel chair for her. If she's left out there she can't do anything but lay on the ground."

"I won't get you a wheelchair for her," the man stated before simply stepping aside, "you can leave. If we change our minds about the girl we'll pick her up again."

"Mhm," Sunoo simply hummed, certain of how he would make sure they didn't get her again.

Calmly Sunoo began walking down the hallway, the man trailing right behind him as he did so. Quietly pointing out to Sunoo their nearest exit would be after two right turns and a flight of stairs.

"Did we find the exit?" Lin murmured and Sunoo simply hummed with a small nod in return, "what did you have in your pocket?"

"I..." Sunoo trailed off before simply smiling softly down at Lin, "I'll tell you once you feel a bit better, alright? Try and rest a bit. I'll make sure to find the exit and get you some help."

"But your thigh is hurt," Lin whispered as she turned her head into his shirt.

"I'll be fine," Sunoo quietly spoke, almost as if he was mainly reminding and assuring himself so, "for you, I'll be fine."

"I want to go home," Lin whispered once again.

"You will... I'll make sure you will," Sunoo murmured as he softly rubbed his thumb back and forth against her shoulder.

Despite how much his arms were aching and the shooting pain in his leg, Sunoo still managed to carry Lin all the way through the hallways and up the flight of stairs before he eventually stood in front of a heavy door.

To get out he could put Lin down to open the door, but he feared that if he put her down they would take her back to the game.

Somehow he turned his back to the door and managed to push down the handle with his elbow and push the heavy door open with all of his weight. Upon stepping through the door and having it slam right behind him, Sunoo was met by a short staircase, with blue sky above. It almost seemed like they had been underground.

Even when Sunoo had mounted the stairs and looked out over the deserted area he stood in, he couldn't see any structures or even a trace of the place he had been in seconds ago.

"Blue sky," Lin murmured from Sunoo's grasp as he simply nodded and looked around himself, spotting a road in the distance - immediately heading for it.

The goal was to get Lin into safety as fast as possible.