Tag | 9

Jungwon would jog down the hallways, pausing every few hundred meters to orientate himself and call out the name of the girl he was desperately trying to find. He knew it might end up giving away where he was to the taggers, but he didn't really care at that moment.

A small sigh escaped Jungwon as he turned a corner. His shoulders slumped down as he glanced down the hallway. He wasn't exactly sure for how long he had been running around, nor was he aware of how many times he had gone in circles. 

Down the hallway the showcases, with various artifacts within them, threw long and dark shadows over the floor, making it impossible to decipher what was hiding in the small crooks of the room.

"Jiyeon?" Jungwon breathed out. When he first had started looking for her, it had been more of a yell, maybe a desperate scream once in a while. But now it had turned into a desperate plea of the girl.

Somewhere down the hallway Jungwon swore he heard rustling and a small hope sparked up in him, but he quickly reminded him what it also could be and he rushed to back up against the wall behind him, ready to set off in a run.

Down the hallway a small hand landed on the floor outside a shadow. Jungwon mentally thanked the world for having the hand attached to an arm. It almost looked like whoever it was, was trying to pull themselves out of the shadow.

"Shit," a mutter escaped Jungwon as he realized that it meant he might've found any of the other three girls, and they might desperately need help, "Noona?" Jungwon questioned as he set into a run down the hallway, slowly halting his steps as he neared the corner.

"Won?" a voice called out and Jungwon quickly fell to his knees beside the display case, where the hand stuck out from. 

Carefully he turned his head and looked into the corner the display case had made alongside the wall. He quickly reached his hands out and cupped the face of Jiyeon, quickly pulling it into his shoulder as he hugged her tightly.

"Oh thank fucking God," Jungwon breathed out as he held onto her tightly.

He sucked in the scent of her shampoo, slowly realizing she had grabbed onto his shirt with only one hand. Eventually it dawned upon him why he had been in such a hurry to find her.

"Why did you scream? You screamed. I heard it. What happened?" Jungwon rushed as a small smile spread on Jiyeon's face, clearly not in the pain he had heard her express earlier.

"I lost a game," she replied as if it was obvious. Her eyes hesitantly falling down onto the dark purples lines that spread across her arms, legs, and the bright red line across her stomach - which mainly was marked by the dried blood.

"Is this a punishment for losing?" Jungwon murmured and Jiyeon quietly hummed as she hesitantly let her fingers run along a line across her thigh.

"It could be worse," Jiyeon admitted and Jungwon simply stared at her in bewilderment as Jiyeon's eyes widened in realization, "Won?"

"Yeah..." Jungwon slowly replied.

"Jungwon!" her exclamation made her snap her head up to look at Jungwon. Immediately she pushed herself up on her knees, crawling closer as she cupped Jungwon's face, "how did you get out? Where are the others? Have you seen any of the girls?" the questions fell out of Jiyeon's mouth as she brushed his hair out of his face, almost like she was inspecting him for injuries.

"Lin is with Sunghoon hyung," Jungwon nodded, quietly pulling her hands off his face, "are you alright?"

"A bit sore," Jiyeon murmured as she fell back on her butt, "I don't want to play any more games."

"You won't have to," Jungwon softly assured as he crawled over behind her.

He carefully pulled the hairtie out of Jiyeon's hair, gathering her hair back properly once again to do a proper ponytail for her. 

"How did you find me?" Jiyeon questioned as Jungwon pulled her back towards the wall she initially had leaned up against.

"I heard your scream," he shrugged, his shoulder grazing Jiyeon's as he did, "I went out in the game instead of Millie noona. Probably an hour passed and I heard your scream... tried to locate it. I guess I did well."

"Good hearing," Jiyeon remarked with a small nod as she looked over at Jungwon, "have you cried?"

"Eh?" Jungwon questioned in confusion as he looked at Jiyeon.

"Your eyes," she excused and softly pressed her fingers against the skin under his eyes, "they look puffy."

"Ah... let's just say I was a bit agitated," Jungwon excused and waved her hand away. Jiyeon didn't say anything, she simply cocked her head to the side, which was enough to have Jungwon give in and tell her, "I told you I would make up for all the years I never did anything about my feelings... and the promise I made to you with staying by your side... I feel like I can never keep a promise to you and I feel terrible for that."

"It was one promise," Jiyeon reminded him with a small loopsided smile, "plus, you're by my side now, aren't you?"

"I just feel like... it wasn't the firts time I broke a promise," Jungwon murmured quietly before looking over at Jiyeon, "at least I found you."

"Mhm," Jiyeon hummed and mindlessly reached over to grab his hand in hers while she looked up and down the hallways.

"And I'll ensure we get home somehow," Jungwon sighed as he gave her hand a small squeeze.

"The game is supposed to be us trying to find the exit, but I don't think it's real," Jiyeon admitted and shook her head, "I think we'll die in here before we're let out."

"No, no, no," Jungwon immediately shook his head, "you have to get home and babysit your brother," he reminded and Jiyeon simply shrugged, "yah, listen to me closely Ahn Jiyeon. You'll get home, don't you dare go into a small depressive slump on me."

A small smile spread on Jiyeon's face as she stared into Jungwon's stern eyes. He only raised both his eyebrows to question of he got his point across.

"Alright," Jiyeon nodded in agreement, "if you insist."

"And I do insist," Jungwon hummed as he brought her hand over into his lap so he could play around with her fingers, "I think we should sit here for some time before trying to find the exit... let you get less sore."

"I'd like that," Jiyeon muttered in agreement with a small nod as she closed her eyes.

For the first time in the past few hours she felt at ease, calm and safe. All because Jungwon suddenly sat by her side.