Epilogue | 2

Even after Jungwon had appeared with Jiyeon, dead in his arms, the day after Sunghoon, Millie and Heeseung had found the exit, there was still no sign of Jake and Soomin. Even Riki and Jay had disappeared.

This had led for Sunghoon to stay in Heeseung's and Millie's house, sleeping on the couch in Heeseung's room. He felt like he had to stick with them for the time being, especially now that Lin was in the hospital with Sunoo probably visiting her everyday, and Jungwon even had been brought into police custody. 

It might've also been because he didn't dare go back to his room. He was scared he'd see Soomin in there, not really, but just her face. How she always twirled around and fell backwards down on his bed. When they both sat at his desk and she happily helped him in the subjects he had difficulty in. Especially how she looked in the mornings, sleeping in his bed, as he sneaked out to attend his morning training and come back in time for her to wake up.

Judging over the past week's happenings it might've been a good idea that he had stayed over. Every night for the past seven days Millie had wandered into Heeseung's room, complaining of nightmares from the hallways.

"They said Jungwon was allowed to send these letters to us," Heeseung sighed as he wandered into his bedroom, interrupting the conversation Sunghoon and Millie were having in there, "I think I might now what it is... and I think they're identical..."

"Just read them out loud," Millie murmured and rubbed her face in her hands.

"Are you sure?" Heeseung questioned and Millie quietly nodded, "I'll go with yours first."

Heeseung sat down on the edge of his bed and shakily opened the envelope, on which Millie's name had been scribbled. Heeseung sucked in a deep breath before hesitantly starting reading out loud.

"I know that none of Riki, Jay hyung, Jake hyung and Soomin Noona has made it out so far, nor has been found dead or alive. I have only heard of what happened to Soomin noona, through what Jake hyung told me. I'll be going over the events in the order they happened. Please bear with me, I've tried to remember all."

"He's also grieving at the same time... I don't think the police is going easy on him," Millie murmured making Sunghoon glance at her. They were about to hear what had happened to their other friends and she was more worried about how Jungwon was feeling?

"Can I continue?" Heeseung questioned and Millie immediately nodded, gesturing for him to continue, "I didn't see what happened to noona or how she felt, but Jake hyung told me. He and noona had left Sunghoon hyung and Millie noona, because Soomin noona had begun feeling sick. They went just around the corner, he sweared that's where they went. She threw up and complained of things hurting. Jake hyung discovered cigarette burns on her stomach, they were all infected and she had gotten some shock syndrome, he carried her around until they were tagged and had to play tug-of-war. He tried to convince her not to let go, but she seemed depressed  (as he said it, she seemed very off). She let go and was shot in the forehead. He stayed with her for a long time before walking around and eventually finding us..." Heeseung paused for a second before glancing up at Sunghoon, who sat still and stared out into the air, as if he hadn't heard it completely, "if it helps, Jungwon said that Jake assured to inform Soomin of how much she meant to you."

"Keep going, please..." Sunghoon murmured and patted the corner of his lips carefully.

"Before Jake hyung found us, Jiyeon and I had found Riki and Jay hyung sitting in a hallway," Heeseung paused a small smile spreading on his face, "he drew a small heart instead of a dot over the 'i' in Jiyeon's name..." he murmured quietly before sucking in a deep breath and continuing on, "both of them unable to move much and Jiyeon unconsious. We couldn't run from the tagger that came. We were forced to play rock paper scissors against each other, Jay hyung and I. It was the same rules as tug-of-war, loser is killed. He willingly sacrificed himself in order for me to continue and help out Riki and Jiyeon... both of which I failed..." Heeseung sighed before looking up at Sunghoon again, "man you know, you don't have to sit here and wait for me to read through it all. This is by far harshest on you, both Jay and Soomin so far."

"Keep reading," Sunghoon insisted and leaned back in the couch, a small frown on his face as he looked at Heeseung.

"Next was Riki... his death was an accident. He efficiently hid Jake hyung, Jiyeon and I around a corner when he had noticed a tagger nearing. He lost his game and had to get waterboarded. They accidentally drowned him. He died in an attempt to save both Jiyeon and I," Heeseung quietly read, "Jiyeon was next. I still don't know how she was killed. She had gotten a punishment of a hallway drag when she had played a game for me. Ever since then she had acted weird and fainted frequently. Jake hyung said it might be internal bleedings in her head causing it to happen. The loss of blood in the head had essentially shut down her brain, and she really had no way of surviving unless we had found the exit within a few hours."

"I didn't think he would tell us about her death," Millie murmured as an interruption, "I thought it would hurt too much."

"I visited him at the station yesterday," Heeseung shook his head, "he said he hasn't cried yet. He seemed almost numb... I think that's why the police won't let him go yet."

"It's only Jake he hasn't recorded for yet," Millie whispered and Heeseung nodded, "he was alive when Riki died... and when Jiyeon. If he and Jungwon were together... I can't if he's dead."

Sunghoon quietly glanced at her before wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his side.

"Jake was the last one... we had found the exit and was heading straight for it. We were tagged right before reaching the exit, from a side hallway. We decided we were too close to the exit and just ran for it. Jake hyung made sure to run behind me and tried to shield me from the tagger, who was shooting after us. It was first when I got outside, out of the exit, that I realized Jake hyung wasn't with me. I had peeked inside again carefully and saw the tagger dragging him away, a red blood trail under his body. I'm pretty sure he was dead by then."

It was silent in the room as Millie pulled her knees up to her chest and shakily let out a deep breath. Sunghoon only held onto her tighter despite a nauseating feeling growing up in him.

"I think I need to get home," Sunghoon abruptly excused and got up from the couch, holding his underarm up to his mouth to keep silent while a sob threatened to echo out. It was first when he was completely out of the house that he let the sob out and sunk down onto the ground while he cried.

If only he had told what Soomin what he had figured out when he tried tracking down the text messages on her phone. If he had told that the IP-adress was the same as Sunoo's maybe they didn't have to go after all. But back then nothing made sense, it still didn't. It came from Sunoo's address, but it wasn't from his phone, or his mom's or his dad's or his sisters. The name was not one that even belonged in his family. It had been some Goo Taeki, or such.

But Sunghoon had doubted his own IT skills and just pushed it aside with him being unable to find a proper answer on who send the messages.