Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It's Friday! Ava is performing today and I CAN'T WAIT. I got ready so fast that I got to the high school before anyone else. My friends wouldn't be here in at least 20 minutes so I decided to go for a walk around the high school to calm down a bit. I walked in front of the cafeteria and the stage was already ready and speakers, a seat, microphones and instruments were scattered across the stage.

I got to English class but it was closed so I sat outside the classroom with my headphones on listening to... You guessed it. Ava. I looked around while fidgeting with my phone case's corner, impatient. I texted the group chat of our gang telling them that I was already inside.

You: I couldn't wait so I arrived too early. I'm already inside, waiting for Ms. Williams to open the door.

Kate: Traitor! :( I waited for you yesterday!

Jk, I'll be there soon ;)

Sam: Okay, I understand lol

Lizzie: I'll be there in a minute, I just arrived :)

The rest just sent "okays" and some weird emojis. I looked downstairs through the glass wall and I saw Lizzie hurriedly running/jumping across the hall probably to get to me so I wasn't alone. She is so nice. She slowed down when she almost dropped all the books and papers she had in her arms. She walked fast towards the stairs around the corner but a short brunette appeared out of nothing from the stairs and bumped into Lizzie!

I left all my stuff there and ran downstairs to help them. Lizzie had dropped all her books and paper sheets were still falling around.

"Omg Lizzie, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah" she was focused on getting all the papers still falling down.

"I'm so sorry! It was totally my fault" said the brunette. That is when I looked at her face...

I almost screamed. It was AVA!! AVA JUST BUMPED INTO MY FRIEND! I couldn't breathe.

"Y/n, remember to breathe" Lizzie laughed "she is a super fan of yours. She has been listening to Amanda Kay EP nonstop since it came out"

"Always happy to meet a fan" she gave me the most dashing smile ever and SHE HUGGED ME!

I was still struggling to breathe and I was trying to get air into my lungs as I could.

"Here, I have a cousin who has asthma and this exercise I do with her may help you right now" she said. I nodded quickly as a thought crossed my mind.

"Do I have asthma?" I've never had a condition like that so I don't really know...

Ava put her hand out over my chest but not touching it and looked at me as if she was asking for consent. I nodded, blushing and she put her open, warm hand in the center of my chest.

"Close your eyes and follow my voice" I closed my eyes.

"I'm going to help you get through this. Inhale, slowly for three seconds"

I inhaled some air as she counted to three with her sweet voice.

"Now hold it there... Now exhale slowly for five seconds" I did. In the darkness, her voice was the light, guiding me.

We repeated the exercise three times and then she changed it.

"Now I want you to inhale for five seconds and exhale for eight. Ready?" I nodded. I was feeling so calm already and my breathing was normal again.