Chapter 31

Chapter 31

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I was enjoying a second shot of vodka when I heard someone crying. I excused myself and left Nadine and Countess Natasha to talk while I looked for that person.

Kate was sitting on the floor against a wall, crying.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I crouched next to her.

"I just broke up with James and it felt so bad" she said between sobs.

"Where is he?"

She pointed at a corner where he was talking to a woman, probably flirting. Wow, he got over it quickly.

"That's horrible, Kate. I'm so sorry. Do you want me to call a cab for you?" I asked. She looked terrible and I think she needed a good night's sleep.

"That would be alright I guess" Kate shrugged and I sighed. I knew she just wanted to look strong but she was miserable right now.

I went back to the bar and asked Jack to drive her home. He had a crush on her so I guess it wouldn't hurt much to bring them a bit closer after her breakup. They left and I smiled at myself. I felt like Cupid. I looked at James again and saw him flirting with a different woman... Amber... She seemed to be playing along with it.

I looked away and went back to Nadine. The countdown for the new year was almost over and everyone in the bar was looking at the clock on the TV.

Nadine wrapped an arm around my waist and leaned her head against mine while looking at the TV. Some people started chanting the countdown when it reached twenty and we joined when it got to ten.

"Three, two, one..."

"Happy New Year!" I kissed Nadine and she cupped my cheek, leaning into the kiss.

"Happy New Year" she said when she pulled away. It was 2015 now. This felt unreal, such a crazy year was gone and it would never come back.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I woke up in my new apartment, Nadine asleep next to me. I looked at the clock and saw that it was nine in the morning. It's incredible how I can only sleep without meds when she is near. I kissed her head and she stirred awake.

"Good morning" she mumbled, her voice slightly hoarse.

"We should go say bye to Natasha" I said, stroking her hair.

"Yeah" she sat up and I did too.

We got ready and went to the airport.

"Do you know where she flies out of?" I asked, looking at the signs of the different terminals.

"Nope. I hadn't thought of this..."

"Hi" a woman in a military uniform greeted us.

"Oh, hi" I said.

"My name is Lieutenant Harper Li, I'm in the service of the Countess. I believe you are her friends?"

"Nice to see you again Harper" Nadine said.

"Please tell me you didn't have sex with her again. She got into so much trouble when they almost found out back in Moscow" the lieutenant said, facepalming herself.

"I would have loved to, but I have a girlfriend now" she put her hand around my waist "and I would never betray her" she gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Cute moment" Lieutenant Li said "let's go"

She walked away and we followed her.

We arrived in front of the countess's private plane and Lieutenant Li stopped.