Chapter 14

Chapter 14

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

After bumping into Ava, I ran back home and got ready for high school. Tomorrow is Friday so I'm so excited to hear her sing live again. If the principal lets her perform everyday I'll see her every day of school and I'll actually have motivation to attend school. I changed from my running clothes to a sample vintage outfit with ripped tight jeans, brushed my hair and got my backpack ready before grabbing a slice of bread to eat on my way to school.

I went through the drive thru of Starbucks to get an iced oat latte. My favorite drink now. Since I discovered iced coffee, I've been addicted to it. I mentally thanked Ava for showing me such a delicious drink as I took the first sip, savoring the extra cinnamon I ordered.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

It's finally friday! After History and Math, Kate Lizzie and I went to the cafeteria where the rest were waiting at the table closest to the stage.

"Um, guys?" Lizzie started "I'm getting a bit pressured by all the people... Could we sit at the next table? The one close to the window but not completely away? I just... I don't want y/n to be far from Ava but I feel bad..."

"Sure. Don't worry Lizzie. Just tell us if you're feeling bad. We can move. It's not that big of a deal" I said. Putting my friends before everything like I've always done. We sat at the next closest table to the stage that had one side facing the giant glass wall with glass doors that provided fresh air in the cafeteria. Marley and the cheerleaders of course, sat at the table we just left.

Ava played a soft relaxing intro before starting an instrumental melody. She hummed along the song. I didn't know it so I guess she composed it. Further into the song she started playing complicated chords. Her fingers brushing against the keys and swiftly moving her hands over the piano that she so delicately played bringing the most beautiful sounds out of it.

She continued to perform acoustic versions of various songs from the eighties, nineties and two thousands before playing a few from her own album. Marley and the cheerleaders were going crazy. I don't even think the rest knows Ava. They're just following Marley. I rolled my eyes at their sight and focused back on Ava.

Her eyes were half closed as she played the chords that she knew so well. I watched her moving her head along to the melody, feeling the music while playing it. I could look at her playing that piano forever. God, I hope the principal accepts her offer. She finished sooner that I would like and sat at the edge of the stage, scanning the room and looking at all the faces looking at her.

Marley waved at her, signaling her to sit with them but Ava locked eyes and politely declined before walking over to us.

"You changed your location" Ava said, sitting between Lizzie and me.

"Lizzie wasn't feeling too good so we came here, where she could have fresh air" I explained while the rest nodded, eating their food.

Oh shit. Food.

"Oh no" I mumbled.

"What's the matter?" Ava asked, visibly concerned.

"I- I think I forgot my food" I said looking around and checking inside my backpack.

"You can have some of mine" Ava said, smiling and putting her container with her food between us "I made chicken fajitas this morning. Trust me. I'm so good at making these" she said, stabbing a piece with her fork and eating it. Then she handed me the same fork and I used it to try her dish. It was delicious.