Chapter 54

Chapter 54

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I flinched when my phone rang and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi! It's Lin. Do you remember how Thomas and I were working on a musical and we told you to think about being in it?"

"Yeah..."

"I have bad news... We scrapped it" he said.

"Oh, that's a pity..."

"But I have good news too. I have a friend directing another production. I can put in a good word for you and you can audition. I hear the casting is very good. They already have the male lead, they need the female lead. That could be you"

A smile appeared on my face.

"That would be amazing, thank you"

"Perfect. I'll send you the information. How is Pippa, by the way?"

I put the phone on speaker.

"Ask her yourself. She's here"

"Pip?"

"Lin?" Pippa asked when she heard the voice.

"Yes, it's me. Look, I'm so sorry I left the stage. I should have stayed"

"No, Lin. You did the right thing. The show can't lose its director and lead. I'm the one who is replaceable" she said.

"No, Pip. You're irreplaceable. You are the best Eliza and best friend we could possibly ask for"

"Aw, thanks for saying that. Tell Renée and Jazzy that I'm okay please. They're probably freaking out"

"I will. Get better soon"

"Bye, Lin"

I hung up and sat up on the hospital bed we were sharing.

"What did he tell you?" she asked.

"The musical he was making got scrapped but he found a role for me in another one"

"Oh, that's nice. Do you know who's in it? Maybe I know someone"

"I don't. But he told me the cast is really good, especially the male lead" my phone vibrated and the screen lit up with a message "Oh, that must be the information"

I laid down with Pippa again and opened the file Lin sent me.

"Michael Howard is going to be your co-star?!"

"Only if I get the part. I have to audition. Who is he? I've never heard of him"

"How have you never heard of him?! Well, I guess it makes sense if you only watch musicals. He's an amazing actor but no one has ever heard him sing so if you get the part, you'll probably be one of the first people to hear him sing. That's amazing. You have to introduce me. I'm forcing you to" she joked.

"I will if I get the part" I chuckled.

"He is the youngest star on Broadway. He's been acting professionally since he was six. He basically grew up in the theater. He is amazing. I only got to see him once last year in a production of Hamlet. He's about your age" she gazed dreamily at the ceiling as if she were recalling the experience of seeing him "You have to get the part"

"I'll try" I kissed her and got up to check on the twins.

"Hi girls, how's the homework coming along?"