Chapter 42

Chapter 42

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I waited with dread for the final word that would define my life for the next few years to be pronounced.

"Not guilty on all charges" she said.

I let out a long sigh and Laurel patted my back.

"Well done" she smiled.

"Thank you so much" I told her.

The judge banged the gavel twice and the verdict was confirmed. After filling out some files, I was allowed to go home. I would try to talk to Nadine but maybe I should give her some time... I went back to my apartment. It felt so empty with just me in it. Fortunately, the police had kept things under wraps. My family knew nothing about what happened and I would like to keep it that way. I boiled some water to make Nadine's favorite tea. I missed her.

I served some for myself and put on some background classical music to relax while sipping on the warm tea. I looked out the window at the bustling life in New York City. Everyone hurried wherever they were going and I eventually spaced out, my gaze focused on thin air and my mind drifting away with the music. I heard a key turn and zoned back in, then Nadine's brunette head peeked in.

"Nadine! I won the trial!" I ran to hug her but she stopped me.

"Lizzie, that's amazing but you lied to me. Don't you understand? Everything that we've done together until now was illegal and that makes me a sex offender!" she cleared her throat and looked away as if it hurt her to look me in the eyes.

"We need to break up" she said, voice cracking.

"N-no..." the world crashed down on me "No, no, no, no, no, no! I-I can't live without you Nadine... I love you" I cried.

"I love you too Lizzie, but this is for the best" she turned away and left. I fell to my knees, my heart breaking in a million pieces and my body going numb.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Nadine's POV

As soon as I got out of the apartment, I called a random contact from the hundreds of Russian numbers I had. Yulia.

"Hey, does the hotel from last time sound good? I'll meet you there. Прощай, любовь (Bye, love)"

I went through some contacts and got new ones from models I already knew. I set different times and rooms for different girls. I needed to get my mind off Lizzie and what better way than to fuck some Russian models again? I sighed. This wasn't right but what Lizzie did wasn't either. I put on a fancy revealing dress and made my way to the hotel.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After some rounds, I had an actual date with one of them since I got a bit bored of fucking around. She was a gorgeous model with big blue eyes and very light blonde hair. Her face was pale and slightly rosy with barely noticeable freckles, you could only see them if you got very close to her face. She was thin but curvy and everyone in the restaurant stopped to look at her. She was perfect to mess around with while I didn't have a girlfriend.

After dinner and a little walk to my apartment, I kissed her goodbye. The date had been okay but she and I didn't seem to really fit... I decided to just talk to Amanda, who was enjoying a book on the couch. I got into sweatpants and a matching jacket to then put my hair in a messy bun and take off my shoes and socks. I served myself a glass of red wine and sat on the couch with Amanda.