Chapter 66

Chapter 66

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Rosalyne's POV

...We need you...

When she tapped that sentence on my palm, I froze. I had to take part in the shooting and not just healing? Enemy families could be a pain in the ass but did it really have to be through bloodshed that we would get them to leave us alone?

"Anyway, I'm going to go before I'm late. Goodbye, Nadine, it was nice to meet you. And bye, darling. I'll see you on our date at five, yes?"

"Yes, of course... I wouldn't miss it for anything"

She pecked my lips and left. I watched her walk away, still in shock.

"Are you okay, Boss? You're a little pale..."

"Y-yes, Nadine. I'm fine. Just... a little cold..."

"Cold? It's 70ºF..."

"Yeah... cold" I took the last bite out of my bagel and went inside the studio again.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The photoshoot went on while I did some paperwork on a nearby desk. Paperwork both from my dayjob and from Alisa. I noted what medical resources I needed to restock from when I had used them for Arle's wounds.

When the photoshoot was done, I waited for Nadine outside her dressing room. She came out and we both walked outside after having thanked the photography director for his work.

"I noticed that you walked here. Need a ride home?" I offered "my car is a street away"

"Wouldn't that show favoritism?" She chuckled "do all your models get this special treatment?"

"There's nothing wrong with a bit of favoritism" I shrugged and smirked "so? Want a ride?"

"It wouldn't hurt" she smiled "Besides, I still haven't seen what car you drive. I'm sure it's one of the expensive ones that only upper class people can afford"

"It's nothing special, really" I started walking.

"We'll see"

We got to my car in a couple minutes. It was a silvery grey Volkswagen, a model that came out last year so it was a good car but not one of those super expensive ones. I unlocked the car and gripped the handle of the driver's side but didn't open it. I just stood there, frozen. I was sick and I could barely drive, why in the world did I offer her the ride? It didn't really matter if I was alone but I was taking someone with me now...

"Um...Do you want to drive?" I cursed myself for letting my voice tremble at the beginning of the sentence.

"Oh, sure"

I gave Nadine the keys and sat on the passenger's side, looking down at my lap.

"Boss... um... Rosalyne... are you feeling well? I've noticed you're a bit down today"

"Oh... well... yes, you caught me. I am a little sick. I had a small accident yesterday and I'm a bit low on blood so... I feel dizzy. I drove her but I don't know if I can do it again..." I confessed.

"An accident? What happened? Was it big?"

"I'm okay, it was nothing major" I almost died but oh, well... I kept looking at the road ahead to not get nauseous.

"Okay... you don't want to talk about it. That's fine" she continued driving. The rest of the way, silence filled the car.

She parked the car in an underground parking lot and we both got out. I went around the car to get to the driver's side and extended my hand for Nadine to give me back my car keys but she didn't.