Chapter 12

Chapter 12

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

I woke up to find Lizzie still asleep. She had turned around, facing the back of the couch and she brought her knees further up her chest. She was made a little ball, her forehead resting on the back of the couch so I couldn't see her face. My heart broke at the sight. We had school but I think Lizzie shouldn't go. I called the school and her mom to explain that Lizzie was in no condition to go to school and they gave permission for Lizzie to stay at home. I left a note for her and got ready to go to school, being as quiet as possible.

I arrived at school earlier than usual. I waited for Robbie and Kate and in a couple minutes they showed up.

"What do you need y/n?" Robbie asked. He had black circles under his eyes, showing that he didn't sleep that night.

"What happened between Lizzie and you?" I asked.

Like Lizzie, all the light in his eyes faded.

"She broke up with me," his voice cracked.

"But why?"

"You haven't asked her?" he asked.

"Yeah, but she doesn't want to talk about it" Kate said.

"She... Umm... S-she ch-cheated on m-me" he said, not without effort.

WHAT?! Lizzie?! Cheat on HIM??! No, no, no, no. Something must be wrong. Lizzie is not that kind of person and she loves Robbie so much!!

"But why did she break up with you if you found out that she cheated? Shouldn't you be the one breaking up with her?" Kate asked.

"I guess, but I love her too much to hate her. I told her that it was okay. I forgave her for cheating! Goddammit!" He sat down on the stairs leading to the school, holding his head between his hands.

"That doesn't sound like Lizzie" I said "she would never cheat on you. She was so in love with you. We can see it in her eyes every time she talks about you. And yesterday she said she still loves you"

"And I love her too but she doesn't want a relationship with me. She says that I deserve better" he paused "But I don't want better! She is the best thing that has ever happened in my life and I just lost her. I feel like all the light is fading away from the world as she becomes more distant"

"We'll try to talk to her and knock some sense into her okay?" I said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Thank you so much" his eyes were glassy but he brushed it off when he saw his friends from the soccer team arriving.

"Sorry, I gotta go" he went inside with his friends and Kate and I went to our first class with all the gang except for Lizzie.

Later, we were at lunch when Lizzie ran into the cafeteria. A smile plastered across her face.

"Hi guys!" she happily said, sitting down and smiling at everyone.

"What made your mood change so fast and why are you not at home? I told you that I had you covered for school in the note I left you" I said.

"One, I remembered that I got a really good job recently and I pushed the bad thoughts deep inside my mind. Two, I didn't want to spend all day at home and I needed a distraction" she answered while taking out her food.

"We talked to Robbie" Kate said.

"What did he tell you?" Lizzie froze and her tone was neutral, as well as her face.