Chapter 59

Chapter 59

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

My alarm woke me up and I opened my eyes wearily, already used to seeing an empty bed only to find Pippa's face in front of me. Her eyes fluttered open after hearing my alarm as well. I turned it off and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Take your time, I'll wake the twins up" I whispered with a smile.

I woke them up and called Olga while they had breakfast to ask her if she could drive the twins to school since Pippa and I had to leave earlier than them to get to rehearsal on time.

"Sorry Liz, but I'm busy with my other job. If you had called me earlier maybe I could have arranged something but it's too late now, I'm sorry" she said.

"It's okay" I hung up with a frown.

"Everything okay?" Pippa asked, wheeling herself out of the bedroom. She was wearing a brown top and a yellow silk layered skirt that reached her knees. She looked gorgeous.

"Yes" I paused, gathering myself "actually, no. I need someone to drive MK and Ash to school and look after them this afternoon. We have to leave in fifteen minutes and they have to leave in thirty" I explained, letting myself deflate.

"I'll call Jazzy" Pippa offered.

"Really? Jasmine won't mind?" I raised my eyes at her. I didn't want to involve Pippa's co-star in anything she didn't want to do.

"Of course not! She thinks you're really nice and she likes kids so there'll be no problem at all, besides, I think her understudy in on for tonight's show so she'll be available" she took out her phone.

"You're my savior" I gave her a hug.

"Tell that to Jas when she gets here" Pippa laughed, hugging me back.

As Pippa had predicted, Jasmine agreed and actually arrived earlier than I expected, five minutes before Pippa and I had to go.

"Thank you so much, Jas. You're saving my life" I said, inviting her in.

"No problem, really" she smiled.

"Ashley, MK, this is Jasmine, Pippa's friend. You may remember her from when we watched Hamilton" I introduced her.

"You're Peggy!" Ashley exclaimed.

"Yes" Jasmine laughed "that's right"

"Girls, please, behave and don't get into any trouble" I told them before kissing their foreheads.

They ran to the guest room to pack their school bags and I turned to Jasmine one last time.

"A little trick to know which twin is which: MK has a heart as her necklace and Ashley has a star"

"Thanks, I'll need that" she smiled.

I quickly explained to Jasmine where everything was in the house, including the theater karaoke video game since the twins would probably want to sing with her.

"There's some food in the fridge but feel free to order something or go out to eat if you want. We'll be home after dinner so you can put them to bed. School starts at 9 and here is the address" I explained, scribbling the address of the twins' school on a piece of paper.

"Thank you for everything, Jazzy. If you need anything, call me" Pippa said, wheeling herself towards the door.

"Of course, I'm here to help you, Pip"

I took my schoolbag with me to do some homework from yesterday on my breaks and study for future tests. I also put my script between all the school material, in case I needed it. I knew most of it but it was better to be safe than sorry.