Chapter 37

Chapter 37

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

Next morning, the sunlight coming from the window woke me up. This was the day Ava was getting out of the hospital. I would miss a bit of the school day but it was okay. Ava was lying almost on top of me, her head on my chest and my hands wrapped around her waist. A couple of minutes into following her peaceful breathing, she stirred awake.

"Good morning" I whispered.

She rolled over to my side and nestled her head into my neck.

"Good morning. Today is the day!" she said.

"Yeah, do you feel any better today?" I asked.

"Not a hundred percent but a lot better" she smiled.

There was a knock on the door and I kissed Ava's forehead before getting out of the bed and sitting down on the chair.

The doctor came in.

"Hello again, Doctor Hartzler" I greeted with a smile. He weakly smiled back.

"Any news on Amy?" Ava asked with a frown.

"Unfortunately, no..." he answered "But let's take a look at you now" he waved the topic off and touched Ava's scar, carefully pressing some points.

"Okay, your scar is way better now" He took a box of pills and handed it to Ava "This is your prescription, 40 gram Oxycontin pills. You need to take one pill two times a day. One after breakfast and one after dinner, earlier if you feel too much pain"

"Okay, thanks Doctor" Ava smiled and I did the same.

"It's my pleasure. You can get out of the hospital anytime you want now" he gave us a weak smile and left.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Amélie's POV

Nino was coming... That was certainly what I least expected. I mean, I love him and I think he loves me back. We just broke up because of the circumstances... I sat on the couch while Colette handled paperwork on the kitchen table. I turned on the news as background noise and to hear a bit about what was going on in the world and took out my phone to look through my gallery.

I looked at pictures from back in Paris with Nino. There were some in the park, some on his motorcycle, some on the bridge where we put the lock to promise love to each other... I missed him but I still felt a little spark with Colette even though it was wrong. She was in a relationship. A good one. I sighed and continued swiping through our pictures.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

After Nadine left I was unable to go to sleep again. I took a couple of pills of my prescribed meds for insomnia but they weren't working. I thought about taking some of the Oxy pills inside the first drawer of the nightstand but pushed the thought away. I owed it to Nadine to try to be better. I stayed awake, lying in the bed in just my underwear and staring at the ceiling, thinking about what to do and I finally decided to go to Nevernight. I didn't want drugs, to see Amber or anything. Just a distraction and maybe a couple drinks.

I put on a casual outfit, a blouse and tight jeans and threw a jacket on since it was freezing outside. I stopped an empty cab that was passing by and told the driver to drive me to nevernight while I put some light makeup on. I saw Nadine's latest text and frowned. I was going to be alone more time than I expected... I paid the cab driver when we arrived and hurriedly walked in to head to the bar first and order a nice cocktail. The bartender smiled at me as he handed me the drink and I drank it as fast as I could. When I felt the light dizziness of alcohol, I set down the glass and joined the people singing and dancing on the dancefloor.