Chapter 22

Chapter 22

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Ava's POV

"It all started when I first met you at the stairs of the high school" I started "I felt this connection, this instant attraction to you" she tried to talk but I stopped her "let me finish please" she closed her mouth again.

"Later, at the party in your house, we kissed so many times but I didn't want to ruin it so I tried to make clear to you that I only wanted a friendship. But that was so I could process my thoughts and feelings before making a move. I only got back partial memories of that night, like when you pulled me away when I kissed you in front of my house. I thought you rejected me and you didn't want anything with me so I left you alone"

"But then, when I had performances every day of the week, I saw how you looked at me and I knew that even if it was just a little, you felt something for me and that made me so happy. But then Amy arrived and you were drooling over her. Seeing you in love with another person hurt and when she took you outside to talk, gosh, y/n, I played so many notes wrong, filled with jealousy. But nothing hurt more than tonight when I arrived just to see you two kissing. I love you, y/n. That will never change but now you have a gorgeous girlfriend and you don't really need me. We can still be friends but just know, deep down in your conscience, that I love you" I finished.

I hadn't planned on telling her this so how the whole thing slipped past my lips with such ease surprised me. Y/n was speechless.

"I'm not asking you to choose between Amy and me because I know you love Amy but I just needed to say that. Keeping that inside my chest was hurting me too much" I sighed.

"Ava..." y/n started "I've loved you since I met you and I backed away because you told me you just wanted a friendship. I really love you too... But... Now Amy is here and we just got together... I don't know how we are going to do this but I love you back. You need to know that" My eyes widened. My mind was spiraling with thoughts and I knew this was wrong but I cupped her face with my hands and leaned in to kiss her, both of us sober this time.

She hungrily kissed me back but suddenly pulled away to look behind me with wide eyes.

"Um- uh, it's not what you think!" she said.

I looked behind me and a teary eyed Amy was standing there, knees trembling.

"Really?" she sobbed "We just got into a relationship and you already ruined it" a tear rolled down her pale cheek.

"Well, then I guess it is what you think" y/n sighed "Sorry, it's just complica-"

"I don't want to hear cheap excuses" Amy interrupted her "I'm going home" she walked out.

"I'm so sorry y/n... I just ruined your relationship" I looked down at my knees while fidgeting with my hands.

"It's okay. She'll come around" she held my hand between the warm ones. I sighed. I just broke a beautiful relationship...

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

The kiss took me by surprise but I really enjoyed it. I caught Kate smiling at us. I just bought myself another two months. When I looked back at Ava, I saw a trembling figure looking at us. It was Amy.

"It's not what you think!" I lied. It wasn't my intention to lie to her but what was I supposed to say to her? 'Oh yeah, I'm just chilling here kissing Ava, my friend instead of you, my girlfriend'? She stormed off. I tried to convince Ava and myself that she would get over it quickly.