Chapter 58

Chapter 58

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

"Um, hi. Nadine" I answered. Pippa shifted on the bed, I hadn't spoken to her since our breakup and I wasn't sure why she would call now "what do you need?"

"I need to talk to you in private. I can't say anything over the phone. Where are you? I'll pick you up"

"Wait, wait, wait. Whoa, slow down. What is happening?"

"It is crucial that I speak to you right away so please, just tell me where you are" she insisted.

I sighed deeply.

"I'm at the Lenox Hill hospital, room 531"

She hung up and I put my phone down.

"Why did you tell her where you are? What does she want?" Pippa asked, taking my hand.

"I have no idea. She said she couldn't mention anything over the phone..."

"Sounds shady..." she flicked her eyes up to the ceiling again "I wonder what she's been up to lately"

"She has been working with the NYPD for a bit of time" Nadine opened the door "How are you feeling, Pip?"

"Never been better" Pippa opened her book of poems again.

"Lizzie, I need to talk to you" Nadine took my arm to escort me out but I freed myself from her grip.

"You can tell me whatever you need to say here" I said.

"Even if it's about your father?" she whispered so that Pippa wouldn't hear.

My eyes widened and I pushed her out of the room.

"I'll be right back" I blew a kiss towards Pippa and she just gave me a weak smile in return.

I closed the door behind me and made small talk while we walked outside.

"How did you get here so quickly?"

"I was just around the corner when I called by pure chance. All I had to do was turn around and I was in the parking lot of the hospital" she explained, guiding me to her car.

"Very convenient, indeed..."

She opened the passenger door for me and I got in, she went into the driver's seat and reached for her phone. She shut it off completely and threw it to the backseat before reaching her hand to me, signaling me to give her my phone. I reluctantly did and she turned it off too.

"Just a precaution" she said before dropping her voice to a whisper.

"Did you kill your dad?"

"Wait- how? Why? Why do you even know that he's dead?"

"As I said, I'm working with the NYPD, just enough to get Amanda and Lucy back on their feet. They rely on me to pay for rent. Anyways, I was canvassing the area and saw a gun. He had your eyes and... the bone structure. I had a feeling in my gut, you looked so alike-"

"Stop" I cut her off "don't compare me to that pig of a man. He deserved it"

There was a short silence after that and I decided to change the topic.

"You know Amber is back in NYC?" My voice trembled at the tension. Nadine found out that I had killed another person... That wasn't good.

"Really? Well, I'll have to pay her a visit" she reflected.

"For what? To buy drugs or to fuck her brains out?!" I snapped.

"To check if my ex, who is now yelling at me, has done either of those things" she replied calmly.