Chapter 17

Chapter 17

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

I walked into the school and headed to my first class this week. This week the order of the subjects is BADC so I have drama first with Kate and Lizzie. Lizzie was wearing a scarf. Well, winter was two months away but it's weird that she didn't even take it off in class... We started studying a scene of a play so we could perform it in two weeks or so. Then, we would perform the whole play for the whole school in December. I had to be the Baker from the play 'Into The Woods'. Lizzie was the Baker's Wife, and Kate was Little Red Riding Hood. We chose to do a musical because, not to brag, we are pretty good at singing and it would be so much fun.

While we rehearsed our lines, we took a little break and Kate sat next to me.

"You're taking your time with the bet..."

"Hey! It's not easy to approach my eternal crush, okay?"

"Okay, okay. I'll give you until Christmas" she said "If when Christmas is over, you two have not even kissed, I get the $100" she smiled triumphantly.

"Two months huh? Deal" I shook her hand.

When Drama ended, we went to the lockers and changed the laptops for the English textbook before making our way to Ms Williams' classroom. We had just started the new lesson when the classroom phone rang.

"Ms Williams speaking" she said. There was a little silence after that as she listened to the person on the other line.

"Yeah, she's here" she looked at me. What happened? Did I do something wrong? Why would the office ask for me?

"Y/n. You're needed in the office" Ms Wiliams said as she hung up "Take your stuff with you. We have no homework today"

I took my backpack and went by my locker to leave some stuff here and take something else before heading down to the office. I saw Ava on the way and I waved at her before approaching the office door. I knocked on the door and a secretary signaled me to come in. I gently closed the door behind me and sat down in front of the principal's table.

"What happened? Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"You did nothing wrong, don't worry. But we do have some very bad news. You are allowed to leave the school if you choose to for all the time you need"

"Um. You are starting to scare me a little" I sarcastically scoffed "What's the matter?!"

"Your parents' plane crashed on its way back, y/n" the principal said.

I froze and the world around me seemed to stop. My parents? What? My brain was not able to process that kind of information.

"I-it can't be... I-it's imp-posible!" I managed to get out "No no no no no" I mumbled, holding my head, covering my ears. I didn't want more information. Tears streamed down my cheeks and my hands, even though they were pressed so tightly that my ears hurt, couldn't keep me from hearing that last sentence.

"Your parents are dead"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Ava's POV

I arrived at the school an hour before and saw y/n heading to the office. She looked so happy. She had a white dress with teddy bears on it and it looked so cute on her. I waved at her and she waved back with a toothy smile. Then, she opened the door and disappeared inside the office.

I did a little vocal warm up before the soundcheck and I gently stroked the piano keys while humming along to the song. Sometime later, the bell rang and students started to fill the cafeteria. Marley and the cheerleaders came first and they got the closest table to me. Marley made a heart with her hands and blew me a kiss but I acted like I didn't see it. She was cute and all but she was a bitch to people I care about.