Chapter 43

Chapter 43

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

Pippa gave me a long hug goodbye when we parked in front of the apartment along with the promise that she would see me soon. I smiled back at her and waved as the car disappeared behind a building. When it was out of sight, I let myself deflate letting out a big breath and all my energy with it. I was tired. Pippa was amazing but what if she discovered what I had done? Or that I'm still a minor? Or worse, what if the press finds out first? Her career would be ruined.

Why is it that I bring disaster to everyone's life and destroy from the inside anyone who doesn't destroy me first? Maybe I'm just meant to be alone...

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

It had taken me ages to fall asleep in an empty bed. I had taken one of Nadine's shirts that she forgot to take back with her and I hugged it tight, hoping that her scent would help me fall asleep. I decided to skip school the next day. I didn't really feel like being under the disappointed eyes of the gang for hours. In the morning, after two hours of sleep, I got a call from my mom.

"Hey mom" I greeted.

"Hi sweetie, would you mind if we came over today?"

"Sure, you can come now, I'm too drained to go to school" I didn't explain any further, I knew she understood.

"Okay, we'll come... let's say in... 30 minutes? I need to see your place and the twins are dying to meet Nadine"

"Um, sure. See you soon"

She blew a kiss to the phone and I hung up. At least I would be distracted with cleaning up first and talking to my mom and twins later.

I fetched the broom and vacuum to start cleaning up, I picked up the duster to take the dust off the top of the furniture and gave all of myself to cleaning. After fifteen-ish minutes, I was done with the floors and furniture. I loaded the dishwasher and rushed to take a quick shower before they came. The pressure of a tight deadline helped me be more active. I put on a casual comfortable outfit and combed my hair. I did my makeup to hide the dark circles under my eyes and look a bit happier than I actually was.

I sat on the couch with a book for the time remaining and just as I turned a page, there was a knock at the door followed by several tiny others. I smiled and left the book on the table to welcome them in. The twins kept knocking until I opened the door, then they rushed in loudly giggling.

They stopped when they saw my face though. I didn't understand, I was smiling widely. Why did they turn sad because of a smile on my face?

"What happened?" MK asked.

"You're not really smiling" Ashley frowned.

"I-I- uh..." I didn't know how to tell them anything.

"Lizzie, is that true?" mom put a comforting hand on my shoulder. I shrank into myself.

"Just... wait a second please" I went to my bedroom and picked up the gift I had bought for the twins. I went back to the living room and handed them the rectangular box.

"I got this to give it to you when you came to visit me. You can leave it here to play whenever you come here or you can take it home"

They excitedly unwrapped it under my smiling eyes.

"It's a puzzle!" Ashley squealed.

"And ALL the Disney princesses are on it! THIS IS AMAZING" Mk followed with the same tone.