Chapter 63

Chapter 63

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Nadine's POV

Lizzie collapsed into my arms in the middle of her sentence.

"Fuck, they spiked your drink..."

I carried her to one of the booths and drew the curtain for privacy.

"God, Lizzie, what were you thinking?" I sigh.

I leaned back on the couch and put a hand over my face, sighing deeply. I took out my phone and dialed a number.

"Yes?"

"Amber, come to Nevernight right now. I need your help, it's Lizzie"

"If she said I told her to do something she's lying" she immediately got defensive.

"What? She didn't say anything, what did you tell her?"

I heard her sigh from the other line.

"Never you mind, I'll be there in five"

"Okay..."

I hung up and waited, checking up on Lizzie every minute, she was out cold... She looked so peaceful like this. I softly grazed her cheek with my fingertips before retracting my hand. No. We broke up. It's over.

I heard the familiar click of heels outside the booth and opened the curtain for Amber.

"Here. Can you help me get her back home? Someone spiked her drink"

"Oh no" she helped me hold her up as we carried her out of the nightclub, looking as normal as possible.

"You know being seen like this could be a fatal hit to my reputation and business, right? This is a big favor" Amber said.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes. "What were you saying earlier? You and Lizzie met before she came here? What did you tell her?"

She stopped a cab and helped me get Lizzie inside. The cab had three back seats so we gently placed Lizzie in the middle one so we could hold her up.

"She stopped by my hotel to ask for my advice" Amber started.

"Your advice? Why would she want your advice from all people?" I asked before giving the address to the driver.

"She was desperate, apparently" she shrugged "she wants you back"

My eyes widened.

"Me?! She wants to get back with me?"

"Yup, she was asking me about how to attract you and such. Well, the cat's out of the bag now, I guess" she tilted Lizzie's head up slightly, moving it to the side so her head was leaning on my shoulder. Amber smirked and softly chuckled "Yup, that's perfect"

I didn't dare to move, I stayed still, feeling the weight of Lizzie's head on my shoulder. It felt... nice.

"Whatever" I mumbled, slightly turning my head towards the window.

After a five minute drive, we got to Lizzie's apartment.

"Thanks for your help, Amber. Travel safe back to New Orleans" I gave her a small smile.

"You owe me now, you'll pay me back someday" she smirked.

"There's the bitchy business-woman I know" I chuckled.

She laughed along and I took Lizzie out of the cab, picking her up in my arms. The cab driver drove away with Amber, taking her back to her hotel, probably.