Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Your POV

"Actually, there is a very nice beach a few minutes east from here. We can walk through the forest. It's calming" I suggested.

"Sure, we can do that" Ava said.

I led the way through the forest I spent my whole childhood exploring, charting and playing in.

A few minutes later we arrived at the shore. The sand was thin, soft and white. We sat on a dune, listening to the waves crashing against the shore. The foam of the waves mixed into the clear sand and the waves washed away sand and seashells laying around.

"I can't really decide if I like this place or the previous one better... This is beautiful" Ava said.

Like you...

I kept my thoughts to myself.

"I'm glad you like it. The sun set not too long ago so the moon will rise from the sea very soon" I told her.

"Let's get closer to the sea. There is a taller dune where we can sit to watch the moonrise" I suggested.

"Okay" she answered.

I grabbed her hand and dragged her with me.

"Y/n, slow down! I'm tripping!" Ava giggled from behind me, looking at the ground to keep herself from falling.

"Sorry" I laughed and stopped.

Ava didn't realize I stopped and continued to walk... Straight into me.

"Oh, jeez, I'm sorry" she apologized.

I turned around and put my hand on her forearm for comfort.

"No need to apologize, it was my fault. Are you okay?"

"Yeah..."

She looked up to me and her mesmerizing brown eyes captured me. Even if I wanted to, I could not look away. She smiled softly and suddenly realized how close we were standing. Something behind me captured Ava's attention and she took a step to the right, walking right past me.

"Oh, wow. Look!" she breathed out.

I turned around to see what she meant. The moon was rising out of the ocean like a big round yellow balloon, its reflection dancing on the waves.

"Do you like it?" I asked getting closer to her.

"Yes!" she couldn't take her eyes away from the shining yellow moon and her eyes sparkled at such a beautiful sight.

"Thanks for taking me here"

I chuckled softly.

"Anytime"

"I kinda want to go in..." she said.

My head snapped in her direction.

"What?!"

"Swimming in the moonlight sounds pretty cool to me, don't you think?" she smiled.

"Uh... Umm... I don't know..." I said.

"Do whatever you want. I'm going in" she said.

She slipped her dress off and kicked her heels off, leaving her in just her underwear.

I quickly looked away. The last thing I want is for her catching me staring.

I watched her run into the water. She swimmed a few meters towards the moon and then laid on her back to just float away and enjoy the moment.

I sigh as I take off my clothes. My feet take me slowly towards the sea. The sand is still warm but the waves that wash against my legs are so cold. I swimmed silently to Ava. She is still on her back and moonlight bounces off the little water droplets on her face, making her skin glow.