Chapter 45

Chapter 45

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

"Hello, slut" a voice woke me up. I saw Carla sitting beside me while DH peacefully slept.

"Carla? How did you get here?" I asked, covering myself with the blanket.

"I'm like oxygen. I'm everywhere" she replied with a wicked smile.

Students started to come in through the window and door and I backed away against the wall.

"Really, Lizzie? Sleeping with psycho-trenchcoat-kid? Ha ha ha ha ha! I will crucify you for this. Everyone at school's gonna know good, little Lizzie is nothing but a dirty whore" she spat.

"Carla, why are you so determined to hurt me?" I asked, throwing nervous glances at the other students.

"Because I can. It'll be so very" she smirked.

"Very, very, very, very, very" the students started echoing as they got closer to me, a neutral look on their faces. I couldn't back away anymore. I closed my eyes and screamed, hoping for DH to wake up and help me. Do anything.

"Lizzie. Lizzie! Lizzie!" I felt hands on my shoulders and when I opened my eyes there was no one except DH.

"God, you're soaking wet" he worriedly said, sliding his hands down my arms and pulled me into his arms.

"Oh my God" I panted, burying my head in his chest "Oh my God, it was just a dream"

I hurried from his side and started quickly getting dressed.

"What's the rush?" he asked.

"I have to get to Carla's house" I breathed.

"What? You told me you were done with her" he stood up and started to get dressed himself.

"Yeah, and it was a sweet fantasy. A world without Carla, a world where everyone is free. Now it's morning and I have to go kiss her aerobicized ass" I sighed.

"No"

"Yes... I'm not strong like you are" I looked down at my shoes.

"Let me come with" he said.

"Wait, really?" I looked back up at him.

"Yeah... for backup" he put on his usual trenchcoat.

"Okay, thank you" I took a step closer to him and put a hand on his chest while leaning in to kiss him.

We got to Carla's house. I had been there before since she loved to give me occasional makeovers but I guess those are over now.

"Carla?" I called from her yard "Carla?"

"...what?" she asked drowsily from her room. She was probably so hungover in her bed.

"It's Lizzie, I came here to apologize"

"Hope you brought kneepads, bitch! Fix me a Prairie Oyster and I'll think about it" she replied.

"Prairie Oyster? What is in that? Oh, okay! Raw eggs, vinegar..." I tried to remember.

"Hot sauce, Worchester, salt, and pepper" DH finished for me.

"You know your hangover cures" I smiled.

"My dad trained me well" he looked inside the house.

"Come on" I opened the garden door and invited him in.

We went to her kitchen and I started looking for the ingredients. I put them all in a white mug.

"I'm a no-rust-buildup man myself" he said, holding a drain cleaner bottle.