Chapter 44

Chapter 44

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

"I- uh... Yes, please" I was touch-starved after Nadine leaving and a little kiss would do no harm. Her smile grew wider and she put her forearms on the table to lean over it, I did the same and our lips met halfway. I could taste vanilla and coffee in her lips in the slow kiss. When I pulled away, after what seemed like an eternity, I met her shiny eyes and we smiled at each other.

"I knew it" she chirped.

"What?" I laughed in confusion.

"That you were a good kisser" pink tinted her cheeks.

"I-I- uh, thanks" I nervously laughed "You're not too bad" I gave her a little wink, making her giggle.

We went back to talking.

"I have this complicated choice to make..." I said "Maybe you can help me?"

"I'll try" she smiled.

"Well, I got accepted into two universities and now I have to choose"

"Ooh! Which ones?"

"That's the question, I could play it safe and go to NYU to study a normal career or I could go to Juilliard and study acting to aspire to my dreams. The second option is just a bit risky so I don't really know what to do..." I explained.

"Well... As a Juilliard graduate I would recommend you go to Juilliard and get your degree there. After you graduate, you can audition for a bunch of roles and accept the one you like most if they offer you one. And if you don't get any, you can get a temporary job meanwhile. I taught five year olds for two years before getting to where I am now. If you are willing to make sacrifices to make your dreams come true you should choose Juilliard. But you have to choose your future. Not me. That's just my experience" she softly stroked the back of my hand as she spoke.

"Yeah... Thanks" I held her hand "I'll keep that in mind"

Then I finally had the courage to speak my mind.

"Uh, Pippa... You're amazing and all but... I think I would rather be just friends... I can't really explain why yet but you're such an amazing person and I don't want to ruin that"

"Lizzie, you could never ruin anything for me. I respect you and I don't want to pressure you into doing anything that you don't want to. We can still be friends if you want until you are ready" she smiled "I'll wait for you. And if you don't want this. That's okay too. We can be friends 'till the end of time. Nothing will stop that" she grinned. I smiled back.

Maybe I should just start relationships with people of my age while I'm still seventeen. I can be with whoever I want once I'm eighteen. A month...

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Sam's POV

"Today we are here to celebrate the promotion of... Amber Collins!" a department chief from Purdue Pharma said, raising a glass. I raised mine too and everyone in the well decorated room did the same. "Look, all I have to say is, New Orleans better watch out because they got a bitch tiger coming their way!" Everyone whooped and Amber's smile grew wider as she held her tequila glass high.

"Cheers!" the department head finished.

"Cheers!" Everyone echoed, raising their glass even higher.

"Sayonara, you motherfuckers" Amber smirked before bringing the glass to her lips as everyone laughed.

After the toast, music was played and people talked in small groups while taking some drinks and I even saw some people slipping themselves Oxycontin pills. Well, no time to think about that now. I'm going to New Orleans to win so much money with Amber. She walked around, speaking to different groups of people and everyone congratulated her on being promoted to manager. It was a big thing.