Chapter 13

Chapter 13

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I veered right as fast and hard as I could while stepping on the brake with all my strength. The car stopped right before I could fall off the hill next to the turn. My heart was beating off of my chest and my breathing became so quick. I almost died. I steadied my breathing and relaxed my heart before slowly continuing my way to the restaurant, still shocked by what just happened.

I elbowed my way to the kitchen through all the people that wanted to have dinner there. I leaned against the kitchen door, drying my tears and trying to look normal again before entering. I pushed the door open and scanned the kitchen looking for Chef Tatou. I saw her straight purple hair, the ends barely touching her shoulders behind a stove and I quickly made my way to her.

"Umm... Hi. Do you know where I can find an apron I could use?" I asked her.

"Hi, we're actually out of aprons right now but I have a spare one in case mine rips or something. You can use it. It's in the black leather backpack in that storage room" she instructed me.

"Okay. Thanks. I'll join your cooking in a sec" I answered before rushing to the storage room. I found her bag and took the apron to then tie my hair up in a high ponytail with an elastic I had on my wrist.

I walked out of the storage room and washed my hands for a good minute before rushing towards Chef Tatou.

"Okay, boss, I'm ready" I said.

"You can help me cook some dishes that have been ordered. You are an extra today so there is no rush and if you get tired or feel like you can't continue just tell me and I'll have someone else in the kitchen replace you. Sounds good?"

"Yeah"

We started cooking some salads and soups. I was chopping some vegetables when the chef cleared her throat.

"Do you want to talk about it? You can trust me" she said "What happens in this kitchen stays in this kitchen"

I looked around to see if anyone was too close and saw that everyone was at a safe distance and too busy with their work to even notice me.

"Um, okay" I agreed. I grabbed a carrot that I started peeling. "It all started a couple of years ago..."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

I had almost fallen asleep while a boring show from Netflix I put on to entertain myself played in the background when the loud ring of my phone woke me from my light slumber. I reached towards my phone and picked up.

"Yeah?" I asked sleepily.

"I did it!" Kate said.

"Did what?" I rubbed my eye and cleared my throat.

"I went on a date with him and left him wanting more" she laughed.

The date! I completely forgot. Wow. You're such a good friend y/n.

"Good job! What did you guys do? Where did you go? Give me the details" I needed to know. Call me nosy if you want but I just have interest.

"We sneaked some coffee we got into the theatre to watch Multiverse of Madness, we played soccer until a man and a police officer chased us because apparently he stole that car to impress me"

"Wait what?! He stole that car?? I mean... It did impress you so I guess he did a good job" I said.

"And that's not all. We changed and went to a club to finish the night, having our first kiss!"