Chapter 48

Chapter 48

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

"Oh... um... hi, Nadine" I cleared my throat and looked away. Was Pippa even gonna come?

"I'm sorry about... well, everything..." she handed me the roses "but now we're legal and I'm willing to do anything to stay with you. I love you"

"I love you too. Come in" I smiled and invited her in.

"Hey! That's the girl you kissed on our porch!" Ashley shouted across the room.

Everyone fell silent and the only sound you could hear was barely audible chatter from upstairs and low music through the speakers.

Mom came to me.

"Nothing to see here" she announced, making the party go back to normal "Hi, you must be Nadine" she smiled.

"Yeah, I am" Nadine samiled back "look, I'm so sorry I had to break up with her. Believe me, it was the last thing I wanted to do but it was necessary..."

"I understand, Lizzie told me"

"So... you're not mad?"

"Of course I'm not. You got her to smile her real smile and live like she's supposed to live. I should thank you" mom hugged her and I melted at the sight. Nadine had been accepted by my mom and she seemed so much more relaxed now.

MK and Ashley rushed to us.

"And these must be the super fun and pretty little sisters you told me you had" Nadine winked and the twins giggled.

"Are you Lizzie's girlfriend?" MK asked.

"Um..." Nadine looked at me for answers but I didn't have any "it's complicated"

"I'll take that as a yes" MK grinned and ran off with Ashley.

"Your sisters are adorable" Nadine smiled, hooking her arm through mine.

"Only when they want to" I laughed "Come on, let's go upstairs"

We entered my room and the gang stopped talking.

"We were about to play Seven Minutes In Heaven. Do you know the game?" Marla asked

"Is it the one where two people chosen by spinning the bottle have to be locked together in the bathroom or closet or something for seven minutes?" I asked.

"Yeah. But in the dark" Beca smirked.

"I was arguing that the game will be more fun if we're drunk or at least a bit tipsy" Kate sighed.

"Then let's play Never Have I Ever or something like that then" I got out some glasses and filled them with some vodka Countess Natasha had sent me for my birthday. Lieutenant Li had showed up at my doorstep this morning before school to give me two bottles of exquisite vodka and congratulated me on turning eighteen.

"Sounds good. That way the new members of the gang will get to know us" y/n agreed to the idea.

I handed a glass of vodka to each of them.

"This is fine fine vodka, straight from Moscow. One of the best to have been produced in the whole history of Russia" I explained. The countess had been so generous and I was forever grateful.

"How the heck did you get this?!" Kate couldn't believe the information I had just given her.

"I have some friends" I giggled.

We played some quick rounds with all kinds of questions until we were all tipsy and then we finally got to the Seven Minutes In Heaven game. I had drunk a bit less than the rest to be more sober and I saw Nadine do the same. I placed the now empty vodka bottle on the floor and spun it around. It landed on Beca and Pam.