Chapter 47

Chapter 47

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

No one's POV

"Sorry for coming through the window. Dreadful etiquette, I know" DH smirked.

"Get out of my house!" Lizzie yelled from the closet.

"Hiding in the closet? Come on! Open the door" he demanded, knocking on the closet door.

"No, I'll scream, my mom will call the police" she threatened.

"All is forgiven, baby. Come on out and get dressed! You're my date to the Pep Rally tonight!"

"What? Why?" Lizzie shrank into herself inside the closet.

"Your classmates thought they were signing a petition. You gotta come out here and see what they really signed!"

Lizzie stayed silent.

"You chucked me out like I was trash and for that, you should be dead. But, but, but, then it hit me. What if high school went away? Those assholes are keeping you away from me. They made you blind, messed up your mind. But I can set you free!" He put his gun in his trenchcoat pocket.

"When you left me, I fell apart. I punched the wall and cried like, BAM, BAM, BAM!" He threw punches that made the whole closet tremble and Lizzie let out a low whimper. "But then I realized that you changed my whole point of view so... I built a bomb. Tonight our school will be Vietnam and we'll guarantee that they'll never see their senior prom!" Then he got on his knees, holding a crumpled paper in his hands.

"Please, Lizzie. I was meant to be yours, we were meant to be one. Don't give up on me now, come with me and let's finish what we began" he got up again, regaining composure "So when the high school gym goes 'boom!' With everyone inside, we'll plant this note that explains why they died in the rubble of their tombs" he read it out loud.

"We, the students of Lincoln High, will die. Our burned bodies will finally get through to you. Your society churns out slaves and blanks, no thanks. Signed the students of Lincoln High. Goodbye"

"We'll watch the smoke pour out the doors. Oh! We can bring marshmallows and make S'mores! We can smile and cuddle while the fire destroys everything in its path inside the high school" he kneeled again, looking down at the floor when silence was the only answer he got.

"I was meant to be yours" he repeated "We were meant to be one. I can't make it alone, let's finish what we've begun! You were meant to be mine and I am all that you need. You've carved open my heart, you can't just leave me to bleed!" he got up and rushed to the closet, slamming his hands on the doors "Lizzie! Open the door, please! Lizzie, open the door! Lizzie... can we not fight anymore, please?" his voice broke "Can we not fight anymore? Lizzie, sure, you're scared, I've been there! But I can set you free! Lizzie... don't make me come in there... I'm gonna count to three" he took a deep breath before taking out his gun and pointing it to the closet "One, two... fuck it!"

⚠️TW: Suicide

He kicked down the closet door and found Lizzie hanging from the tall closet's ceiling from an improvised noose made of her clothes, she slowly swung from side to side. She had killed herself...

⚠️End of TW (kinda?)

"Oh my God..." DH fell on his knees "No... Lizzie..." his eyes filled with tears at the sight "Please... Don't leave me alone. You... you were all I could trust... I can't do this alone..." his forehead touched the carpeted floor but then a determined look took over his face and he raised his head again "Still, I will if I must"