Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Your POV

I saw Marley and the cheerleaders sitting at our table. It won't last for long. We will have it from tomorrow on. I know it. We ate our lunch while talking about the party last night. Lizzie just blanked off. She looked so tired.

"Maybe you should go to the office and call home" I said, touching her elbow.

She flinched as she came back to reality.

"What?" she asked.

"You should call home" I repeated.

"Umm... No. I'm okay" she said before going back to playing with her food.

"Are you gonna eat that?" Kate asked.

"No..." she said quietly.

"Can I have it?"

"Sure" Lizzie gave her lunch to Kate who shared a bit of it with the rest of the gang.

"You know what guys? Eat lunch without me" Lizzie said.

"Where are you going?" Jack asked.

"To the library" she picked up her backpack and walked off.

I noticed Robbie from the soccer team table following Lizzie's every movement with a worried look. He excused himself and ran after her.

We continued our conversation but I couldn't stop thinking about it... Was she just feeling bad and overwhelmed by all the people at the cafeteria or was there really a problem?

I brushed away those thoughts and started organizing the cleanup this afternoon.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I arrived at the library and took a seat at my favorite corner. Almost no one sat around there and all my favorite and similar books were behind me. The glass pane at my left revealed a gorgeous garden at the center of the high school. It was nice to be here, I find reading to be such a calming activity. It's my second favorite hobby after cooking. I picked a book from behind me, Throne of Glass and started reading it.

After I was done with the first two chapters, Robbie sat down next to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah" I answered, turning the page.

"I know this is normal for you but you need more sleep Lizzie"

I closed my book.

"You think I don't want to sleep? You think I chose to be awake all night and be tired every single day? You think I have a choice on this? You can't tell a person who has just been stabbed, 'Hey, stop bleeding, you'll feel better'. That is how I feel!" I snapped.

He leaned back on his chair and covered his face with a hand. He sighed.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I d-didn't mean to" I apologized.

He sank deeper into the chair and I felt really bad. My stomach turned from seeing him like that. I-it hurt me...

I put the book back into place and took my stuff to head out to my next class.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Robbie's POV

Lizzie doesn't snap like that... It's like she is a different person right now... I know I'm pressuring her and I'm sorry for it but I don't know if I deserved this. I should go and comfort her, hug her, apologize, tell her that everything will be okay...

I heard someone sitting on Lizzie's chair. I raised my eyes hoping to find Lizzie there but I saw Marley instead.

"Ugh, what do you want?" I asked, a bit louder than what I intended. My mind was still with Lizzie, is she okay?

"Easy tiger, I just wanna talk" she said.

"Tell me what you need and leave me alone" I said. I think Lizzie has Drama now. Classes haven't started yet so maybe I could get in the theatre and apologize.

Marley put a hand on my shoulder.

"I bring bad news... About your girlfriend" I turned my head quickie. Did she do something to Lizzie?!

"Your girlfriend is a cheater, Robbie"

_______________________________

Hiii! I know this is a very very short chapter but I thought that this line was good to end a chapter and I didn't want to miss the chance hehehe. Next chapter is already in the works and I will try to make it a lot longer. The drama is comingggg! I know I'm focusing on other characters more than in the two main characters but I don't want this story to have just two very important characters and the rest are just background... Votes are appreciated and comments make me so happy :)

Stay happy and healthy!

Love youuuu <3

-Avamax_Blackstar