Chapter 40

Chapter 40

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

Ava was deep asleep next to me even though it wasn't late. I threw my shirt on and walked outside to call Kate.

"I did it" I said victoriously.

"Meet me at Starbucks"

I left a text for Ava, telling her that I wouldn't be out long and I would bring ice coffee for her. I met Kate at Starbucks and I sat opposite her at the round table.

"Wow, you could have bothered with perfume or a shower. You smell like sex" she said, leaning away from me.

"I figured that you would need evidence" I smirked.

"I have evidence enough now, thanks" she, ironically enough, handed me ten Hamiltons (ten dollar bills) that I slipped into my pocket.

"Pleasure doing business with you" I grinned and held out my hand.

"It was a bet, not business. Now go take a shower y/n" she jokingly slapped my hand away and we both laughed before I got up to order Ava's coffee and went back home to have a nice long shower.

Ava was still asleep when I arrived so I set the coffee on the bedside table next to her and went to the bathroom. The warm steam of the shower embraced my body and slowly cleaned my skin.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

After the little episode with the pills, I took my purse and called a cab to visit my mom and the twins. I promised her I would see her and talk to her soon so here I go. I got out of the cab in front of my old house. The fact that I moved out from that house almost felt unreal. I knocked on the door and the twins rushed to greet me.

"Lizzie!"

"Hey Ash, MK. I'm happy to see you both too" I pulled them into a big hug.

They grabbed one of my wrists each and dragged me inside.

"We missed you!" MK said, pushing me onto the couch to make me sit down.

"I missed you too MK" I ruffled her hair as she sat next to me, her head leaning onto my arm.

"Did you miss me too?" Ashley asked, climbing onto the couch too and falling into place at my other side.

"Of course, Ashley" I kissed the top of her head.

Mom sat on the armchair holding a steaming cup of tea.

"Now it's time for your interrogation" she joked.

"Okay" I laughed, getting myself ready.

"First, how is the new house? Do you keep it clean? If I went there right now would I find a molecule of dust on the surface of any table, wardrobe or any piece of furniture?"

"Let me think, um, the house is nice, I try to keep it clean as much as I can. However, you may find one tiny molecule of dust on the living room cupboard" I smiled.

"Okay, that's nice" she took a sip of her tea, the steam slightly fogging her glasses.

"When will we be able to visit you at your house Lizzie?" Ashley asked.

"Well, whenever you want and mom lets you. But you have to tell me before so I can get rid of all of the dust" I tickled her and she soundly laughed.

"Okay, now" mom announced the second round of questions "How is everything going with your girlfriend? Is she nice? Does she take you out on dates regularly? Do you sleep on the same bed? And are you se-..." she stole a glance towards the twins and cleared her throat before skipping over the word she was going to mention "...active?"