Chapter 15

Chapter 15

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Your POV

I woke up to piano music and my phone ringing. I forgot to put the timer on the music. Shit. My phone is gonna die soon. I picked up and a worried Lizzie answered.

"I've called you five times already!"

"Sorry, I was asleep" I apologized with a yawn.

"Well, if you meet us at the town square in thirty minutes I'll forgive you" she said.

"Deal" I hung up and I plugged the phone in so it charged as much as possible.

I ran to the shower and quickly washed myself. I got dressed and had a quick breakfast while brushing my hair and tying the front strands of my hair back in braids. I took my phone, wallet and keys and went out the door. I decided that the motorcycle would be faster than the car to get to the square.

I hopped on to the motorcycle and started the engine before riding away. I felt the vehicle cutting the air as I steered it left and right to dodge cars on the road. I braked with a skid in front of my friends who were standing next to an empty stage.

"Stay here. I'll park and I'll be right back. I just thought that it would be easier to find you while riding the motorcycle than just walking" I said.

Everyone nodded so I drove away to the parking lot. I parked my motorcycle and put the keys in my pocket to then walk back to where my friends were. Kate was wearing a dark red outfit with leather pants, James was wearing wide jeans and a vintage shirt, Lizzie was wearing a flowy white knee length dress with long lace sleeves and an asymmetrical skirt that was longer in the back than the front, Colette was wearing a knee length tight black dress that hugged her curves with a slit in the skirt.

Beca wore wide denim shorts and a white crop top, Sam wore cargo pants and a denim jacket over his blue shirt and I was wearing short white jeans with a black vintage shirt.

"Where is Ava?" Sam asked "I thought she was coming?"

"I just... I forgot to ask her" I sighed.

"Oh... Well, next time. Let's go get some drinks now!" said Kate ushering us to the first place with alcohol.

We had to wait a bit but we all got drinks. We walked around checking out all the fair attractions. There were bumper cars, a carousel, a drop tower, a Ferris wheel, a roller coaster, an 8 dimension cabin, a mechanical bull and more. We also checked out the stalls, where they sold souvenirs, food and a lot of fun stuff. Lizzie bought cotton candy that she shared with all of us and I got some fries to share and a bag of chips that I kept for myself.

There were different stages in different parts of the area so we checked all of them out. Some small bands were playing and the crowd went and came. All the shows were free and you could push your way to the first row if you wanted to. We danced along to some songs before moving to the next one. Finally, while we were sipping whatever this funny liquid was from red plastic cups we arrived at the last stage where a sweet voice pulled me out of the numbness of the alcohol.

AVA WAS SINGING HERE??

"Let's meet here when the concert is over. I wanna go explore on my own a bit" I said. Most of them sat down on the grass and Colette and Lizzie went to a stall to buy more food. I pushed my way through the crowd, avoiding contact most times but when people started to be too close and I couldn't get through them I would elbow my way through. When I finally saw the light again, I was in the center of the first row.

People weren't really paying attention but I only had eyes for her. I watched her walk up and down the stage while dancing and singing, putting her soul into it. I was dancing along with her and mouthing the lyrics. She opened her eyes and straight up locked her brown eyes with mine.