Chapter 62

Chapter 62

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

I didn't have an alarm set for today since it was the day I had free before opening night tomorrow so I woke up around midday. I checked my phone. I had a missed call from Nadine at 10AM. I called her back and she picked up at the second ring."You called?" I asked, rubbing my eyes."Yes, um... Pippa came to me this morning. Apparently... you've broken up with her? I thought you were just going to tell her about your problem, not end your relationship!"

"What did she say?""Not much, she cried though... I don't know if it was the best move, Lizzie..."I sighed, of course I ruined everything."I- I don't know what to do...""Give her some time. She'll come to her senses""Thanks for being there for me, Nadine, I appreciate it""Of course. Take care"

I hung up and sighed. Pippa was alive... Now I just had one thing to check. I put on a silver sparkly dress and made my way down to Nevernight. Not many people would be there this early but perhaps the person I needed would. As I got off the cab in front of Nevernight, I called her. If she had left already, I could just have some fun by myself. I was single again, after all.

"Hey, Lizzie""Amber, are you still here in New York?""I am, this is my last week here. What do you need?""I need to talk to you, I'm almost at Nevernight. Are you anywhere near?""I'm actually not there. Just come to my hotel. I'll send you the address""Okay, thank you"

I hung up and a minute later a message with her address popped up. I stopped a cab and gave the driver the address. The hotel was near Nevernight, I guessed she wanted to be close to her gold mine. I paid the driver and got into the hotel. Amber was waiting for me in the lobby. She was wearing what I recognized to be a Gucci suit with Prada heels. She put her hand on my back and guided me to her room.

"How have you been?" she asked."Physically? I'm great. Getting off Oxy actually helped me so thank you. Mentally... devastated" I sighed."Why? What happened?" she swiped her card and her room's door opened."I had to break up with my girlfriend"

I stepped into the room, it was a suite, not overly luxurious but big enough for it to almost be an apartment."Nice room" I said, sitting on the bed."Please tell me you didn't call me for a one-night" she smirked jokingly."No" I chuckled "I mean..." I looked her up and down "I wouldn't really be opposed to it. But...""Tell me why you're really here" she put her hands on her hips.

"Do you know what Nadine has been up to lately?" I asked, fidgeting with my hands on my lap.She sat next to me on the bed."Last time I saw her she was at Nevernight with her girlfriend, Lena""But it's been a month. Don't you know if she's already moved on to the next girl?""You want Nadine back, don't you?" she asked, raising a brow."Maybe?... yes" I confessed.

"I'll help you" she sighed."Really?!""Yes, I might as well do something good for you before I leave""Thank you so much, Amber""Save your thanks until you get Nadine back. Do you want some tea?" She served a cup for herself."Sure, thank you"

She gave me a cup as well and guided me to where a small dining table sat. She turned the chair next to mine so she was facing me and placed her cup on the table while I held mine in my hands, relishing the warmth of the cup."Okay, when I met Nadine, she was already with someone" she explained.

The reminder of the fact that she was a player, sent a shiver down my spine, making me spill some of the tea on my shirt."Oh, shit. Sorry" I apologized."It's alright" she took a cloth napkin and went on "I realized that I had to seduce her if I wanted to sleep with her. I had to make her choose me instead of the other girl" she gently tapped at the wet spot on my chest and I felt my breath get heavier as I looked at her focused face as she spoke and dried the mess I made on my shirt.She pulled away and continued her story.