Chapter 61

Chapter 61

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Lizzie's POV

After the conversation with Katie about Michael, I went home with Pippa and the twins. I turned to Pippa.

"Could you watch the twins for a bit? I need to speak with Nadine about something"

"Of course" she gave me a kiss on the cheek and started the karaoke game that the twins had been wanting to play during the whole drive home.

I texted Nadine and we agreed to meet at a small coffee shop. We got our drinks and sat at a table in a quiet corner.

"What did you want to talk about?" she asked.

"I-I..." I hesitated but finally let it out "Have you ever been strongly attracted to more than one person? You love one person and feel like it's never gonna change and you don't even deserve them and then another one comes into your life that leaves you breathless?"

She met my eyes in silence and sighed, looking away. I gave her some time to think about it and she finally turned to me again.

"I mean... When something like that happens we usually make it a threesome but I'm not really experienced in romantic relationships. Although... maybe... maybe I have been romantically attracted to various people but I don't think I've ever done anything about it..." she pensively stared out a nearby window.

I looked down at the foam that was swirling on the surface of my coffee.

"Are you feeling that way about someone who isn't Pippa?" she asked with a sympathetic smile. I blinked back tears and nodded.

"Is there... more than one person?" she added.

"I don't want to hurt Pippa..." my voice broke.

"I know you don't"

"I know one of Pippa's secrets..." she confessed "It's not really my secret to share but it might help you to make her relate to you and how you are feeling right now"

I felt horrible for learning Pippa's secret from someone that wasn't her but if it could help my situation...

"Tell me"

She leaned in over the table and I did the same.

"She had an affair"

I leaned back.

"But I already knew that. It was a co-star. We found out at the 'two truths and a lie' game on my birthday" I told her.

"I wasn't talking about him. I know about the affair she mentioned at the party but there was another one. Pippa was engaged and she met a woman named Sara at a bar-"

"Wait" I interrupted her "Pippa already told me about that one too"

"She did?!" Nadine looked genuinely surprised "Wow, Pips must love you so much. It took her a whole year to confess what she was doing in her personal life to me... I guess I'll tell you about Lin then"

"Lin? As in Lin Manuel Miranda? Her current co-star? The same man who plays her husband eight times a week?" I leaned over the table again.

"Yup. Maybe this information can help your cause. Who knows? Maybe she still has feelings for one of them and is suppressing them because she loves you and just like you she doesn't want to hurt you" Nadine smiled.

"Huh"

"So, I'll tell you what I know" she took a sip from her coffee "Lin was married, still is, and Pippa was engaged. One day, they were-"