Chapter 65

Chapter 65

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Nadine's POV

I woke up on the couch with Lizzie in my arms when I heard a notification on my phone. I picked it up and saw Detective Decker's message.

"Yeah, about that case... it turned out to be an open and close one. She killed him and he killed her. There was no third party so there's no murderer to bring to prosecution"

Huh... open and close case...

"Is it about Vanessa's case?" Lizzie asked.

"Oh, you're awake?"

"Yeah, I have been for a while but I didn't want to wake you up" she smiled.

"Well, Vanessa... um... She killed her dad and her dad killed her. That's the case. It was an open and close one since there wasn't a third party involved" I explained.

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

"Well, I have to go to school now, finals are next week so I have to study hard" she said.

"Good luck" I kissed her and she got up to change clothes.

Each of us went through our own morning routine and I waved her goodbye when she left for school. I unlocked my phone to find another message but this time it was from Rosalyne, my boss.

"Good news, you got a raise of 7.36% and somewhat bad news, you have to work an extra hour from your previous schedule. Is that good for you? I could negotiate for you to have less time at the studio but then there would be no raise"

I opened the message and responded.

"It's okay, one hour more is nothing when our photoshoots are already several hours long. I'll take the deal. Thanks for the raise, by the way. I'll take that as an invitation to your wedding ;)"

"Take it as whatever you want, Nadine. Just remember that you have a photoshoot today :)"

Whoa, she texted me a happy face. This woman is a whole new person now.

I turned off the screen and got up to take a shower and start my hair routine to save some work to the hair and makeup crew later in the day. Once my hair was soft and shiny, I put it in a messy bun and wrote a note to put on the dining table warning Lizzie that I wouldn't arrive on time for lunch. I got my purse with my essentials and left the house to walk to the location of the shoot.

Rosalyne was already outside, chatting with a woman I hadn't seen before. She had black hair with white highlights tied in a thin low ponytail and was taller than Rosalyne, which is saying a lot. She was wearing a long sleeved white suit even though it was almost summer but she didn't seem to feel uncomfortable.

I noticed she was very athletic since she had broad shoulders and tension all over her body. Her face was, well, who am I to lie, she was gorgeous. When they both turned to me I stopped dead in my tracks. The eyes of the woman were grey. Not a grayish blue, no, they were purely grey.

"Oh, Nadine. Hi, you're here" Rosalyne greeted me with a smile "I was just catching up with a friend" she said, looking at the other woman "I have to go now. Work. You know. I'll see you another day, Arle"

"Bye, Rosalyne" Arle smiled and left without any other words.

"Whoa, who was that? Was she the model of the shoot before mine or something?" I whistled.

"No, um, she's just a work friend from... my other job" she looked away.

"Oh, you have another job? That's nice. I don't know where you get the time for everything though" I chuckled.